Installing AMD 64 Processor and Heatsink(Fan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrionGazer52

Baseband Member
Hi guys,

Can someone please show me a website where they have step by step information (with pictures) on installing an AMD 64 processor as well as the heatsink/fan? I'm doing this for my brother's computer when it ships this afternoon from Newegg. Any help is extremely appreciated! Thanks in advance!

If you got a retail processor and mobo, then it should come with instructions...my retail P4 and Asus mobo did.

Whatever you do just make sure you put the processor in the right way(look at pins) and don't use force to push it in or any objects.:D

and whatever you do, make sure you're not hammering a socket 939 cpu into a socket A motherboard :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

koldapu said:
and whatever you do, make sure you're not hammering a socket 939 cpu into a socket A motherboard :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hahahahahah. Man that sounds like a joke. Thats the kind of thing that makes manufacturers put stupid warnings on their products.

There is a mark on the cpu and a mark on the mobo for where the first pin is...make sure u line those up and lock the cpu down in place there is a rocker arm.

Put thermal gel on the top of the processor b4 putting on the heatsink and fan.

And that will lock down in place with some sort of clip depending on which cpu and fan u get.

Ya dont push down hard and bendhe Cr@p outa your pins cause that is a nightmare tryin to fix those lil pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom