Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumdum8684

In Runtime
Hey guys its has been a long time since i've been on this forum. NE-ways...I keep getting the blue screen on my new custom built desktop. It usually happens when i'm playing games but it will also happen when i'm logging on or not doing anything. Its gets the error that is something like this..."The CPU has encountered an unrecoverable hardware error..." I'm not sure what this means but I'm guessing it means a piece of H/W is bad. I RMA'd my Kingston HyperX 1G (2x512) PC3200 memory because when i ran MemTest86 it had over 100 error in less than 8 hours of testing (i think about 20 tests) They sent me new memory and it still does the same thing. could you guys help me with this? The first time i wrote this it did it again so I have no idea what to do. Thanks.

PS It does it at the timing the mobo thinks the mem should run at (2.5-3-3-8) and the faster (supposidly rated) clock settings (2-3-2-6) I also increased the voltage from 2.6V to 2.8 and it doesn't fix it. Thanks for all your help I'll try and answer any questions ASAP

-Aaron

I've recently been getting quite a few BSD's. I'm about to do a clean reinstall of my OS which might hopefully sort a few problems out....

I was thinking blue screen? You still running win98? But yeah I guess you mean that one that says like 'Beginning physical memory dump....' and all that crap huh. My dads computer just did that the other day and upon restart it was fine and nothing has happened since. I'm not really sure whats causing that kind of problem repeatedly....maybe you should check out the microsoft knowledge base

I've had those before because i didn't have enough memory for a game or something...but this is different...it says something about the cpu receiving an error from some hardware...thanks again for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom