2000 Contrast Ratio???

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Hey, i just found this cheap Hisense 1080P LCD for $1490 AUD. I wanna try haggle it down to $1350 but first i need to ask some questions:

1. What do you make of the Hisense brand?

2. Why do i see all the Samsung and LG models with similar specs advertise huge contrast rations like 50,000:1 and this only has 2000. Are the two values comparable or what? Im a bit confused as this seems to be the only thing i see wrong with the TV.

3. What else do you see that i may need to know or may find important:
Hisense HSL4229HDIP 42 INCH FULL HD LCD TV

Thanks guys.

because the higher ones are showing their dynamic contrast ratio.. your is static... but still, those samsungs and lg's ... such as the 50,000:1... their statis contrast ratio is something that of 10,000:1

i know my tv is 15,000:1 dynamic, 5000:1 static

because the higher ones are showing their dynamic contrast ratio.. your is static... but still, those samsungs and lg's ... such as the 50,000:1... their statis contrast ratio is something that of 10,000:1

i know my tv is 15,000:1 dynamic, 5000:1 static

Okay, building off that:
What you rather have a Hisense 42" LCD 1080P TV with 2000:1 or an LG 42" LCD 720P TV with 10000:1? Both for the same price...

Its a cheapo chinese company they also make phones I wouldn't get it but its cheap and cheerful you won't get the reliability of a major brand though.

I mean it does have 3 Year In House Warranty and all and ive heard Hisense was one of the best 'random' brands.

you can't compare contrast ratio's from brand to brand as each company has their own little test for measuring it. for instance the samsung ln52a850 has a contrast ratio of 50,000:1 and a sony kdl52xbr6 has 50,000:1 contrast ratio but both tv's contrast ratio's aren't the same.

Sony KDL32V4000 32 INCH FULL HD LCD TV

that TV is a real nice tv.

i would prefer the 720p for 2 reasons any hd cable set up you will get wont put out more then 1080i resolution. which really sucks because 1080p makes a diference. but the image quality will look the same none the less due to your cable or satelite botle neck. secondly lg is a very know very good brand, with amazing customer service when my monitor broke they gave me a new one for free no questions asked, they didnt even require me to send teh old oen back, then it turned otu it was my gpus fault, and i now have 2 monitors one of which i got for free. secondly the contrast of those 2 tv's will make the biggest diference because of the fact that your gonna be stuck on 1080i/720p anyway, and you will want the better colour for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom