my new computer freezes when i have too much data income from net

Status
Not open for further replies.

manuelcalavera

Beta member
hi everyone ,

i have a wireless modem , with my old computer i didnt have any problem.
i could browse multiple pages , download with fastest speed ...

but now , with my new pc i cannot download , cuz it freezes when too much kilobytes loads into my computer , or when i use too many tabs it happens ...

i installed new windows , i tried xp and vista , even with fresh installed windows i have same problem , i think my modem conflicts with new computers cuz it happens to my Sony Vaio SZ640 .

but these problems wont happen on Pentium 3 or old P4s ,

i was wondering if there is a solution for this or any patch i can use ?

tnx ,

BTW ,
my config :
MB : Asus P5KPL
HDD : 500 SATA2 Samsung
cpu : Q6600
VGA : Geforce 8800 GT
RAM : 2Gig
Regards

I think the problem is the card and drivers. Not the system.

Then it is not the system. If 2 systems have the same issue it cant be the system. The probability that 2 systems get the same factor, espically one that involves downloading data from teh internet is highly unlikely.

Check your router or modem. Something has to be wrong. It is causing the timeout or the response from the network to freeze the PC's. Either that or some sort of software you installed that deals with the internet is causing the crash.

softwares are not important in this matter , cuz i have this problem on fresh installed windows ....

i think it should have some sort of conflict with new MBs or HDDs , cuz it wont appear with old computers ,

maybe i should buy an old one and connect it to my new system

how much data are we talking?? at rate like 8+MB/s you'll find this is a HDD issue, but at lower rates, this is probably caused by an interface issue... What RAM are you using, and what is the internet connection over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom