pc beeping and no picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not true. Sometimes chips and cards get unseated simply by thermal expansion. Cards get hot and they get loosened up from the slots. Its called Chip Creep.

Well if it was working before this wouldnt be the case. Find out what BIOS your mobo uses and find the website. They should have a list of what beepcodes mean what.

when i took from someone else house they said it work when i got home to plug it up to my pc all it did was beeeeep,beeep thats it.

thanx jay

Had a look in my manual, and a three beeps in 1 second signals RAM has blown, this manual came with my 2600MHZ AMD board. What motherboard have you got, becuase i have mnay PC's and manuals im sure i could find something on the inet for you.

Did you seen the PC working at this persons house, if so check that cables/cards etc have not come lose. Have a good fiddle!!! Push everything you can see in....

in defense for bobo, yes thermal expansion CAN and DOES cause cards to improperly seat. I'm not saying the are in there loosely, but the pins dont have a proper contact. So, instead of having him going out and buying a bunch of crap, how about finding a cheaper way first. Try to reseat the vid card (yes, again) the memory and processor. also remove any uneeded peripherials. basically, make it bare bones with ONLY the vid card, memory, CPU and HDD attached (yes, even take the kbd and mouse off) you wont get far, but maybe able to illicit something. see what happens. if you have 2 seperate mem dims, then use one mem stick and then the other.

How many sticks of RAM do you have ? if more than one then Try removing one, moving them from slot to slot etc. I'd also check where you have the metal supports on the case, if one of those is pressing against the back of the board it might be shorting out the ram. Just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom