pc beeping and no picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayder

Solid State Member
hello all,

i'm having problem with this computer when i turn the pc on all i hear is beeps no thing comes up on the screen.i have the monitor hooked up to the computer and everything.can someone please help me with this problem.what could it be?

thanx
jay:(

I think your RAM has blown, put some other ram in and see what it does. It could also be your graphics card. What ever the problem you need some spares to find out the exact cause and then you should be able to fix it.

My first bet is the RAM, second Graphics card. If its the motherboard then usally they dont beep when their broken, and usally they dont even switch on.

Check to make sure you have the correct kind of RAM in, and that it is FULLY seated in the slots.

Usually you wont even get a beep if the RAM is blown, cause I dint when my OCZ RAM blew.

What RAM do you have, What mobo you have, and what Gfx card you have, and what CPU you have?

System beeps and a black screen... Classic problem. One that you know is gonna cost you money if you haven't got the spare parts.

From past experience, it'll either be your CPU, RAM or your graphics card... Or, the worst possible scenario; all of them. If you haven't got any spare parts to compare with, maybe go to a friends house and test your parts in their computer, and also the other way around too.

I hope you get this sorted soon.
TMT. :cool:

First things first, check the inside of the computer to make sure all the parts are well seated. An improperly seated video card or stick of ram can cause this kind of behavior. If that doesnt work, youre gonna have to try switching your parts for known good parts until you find the part thats causing the problem. Hopefully in your case its just an unseated ram module or video card.

Hum unless you've been chucking the PC around the room, its going to be pretty unlikely. Possibly dust....

i tryed that and i still hear the beeeeeeeeeeeeeep,beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep sound
thanx
jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom