The Official NosBoost300 Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Test Bed:
EVGA GTX 260 @ 704/1518/1055
E7200 @ 3.02 ghz
Biostar TP45
3 GB of ram (2gb ballistix, 1 corsair value select all at ddr800)

Here are 2 results i've got so far.... cs:s stress test, and crysis benchmarking tool with custom settings

Counterstrike source Stress test

all resolutions set to 1920x1080

16x QCSAA/ 16x Anisotropic Filter - 232 fps

8x CSAA/ 8x Aisotropic Filtering - 244.57 fps

2x MSAA / 2x Anisotropic filtering - 248 fps

0 x AA / Bilinear filtering - 250 fps

using 16 QCSAA definitely looks WAY nicer than any other AA... CSAA seems to make some things purple that arent supposed to be... and for only losing 12 frames ur getting a more complex type of filtering along with double the amount of the 8xCSAA

The first run for the Crysis benchmark test is 1920x1080 Modded V. High.. the picture is small.. sorry about that mistake

crysisbenchmarkk.jpg

the average fps came out to 28.24... amazing if you ask me :)

if you would like to see what you can do yourself with these settings you can download my config here!

FilesDump

up next on the list was 1920x1080 regular high

crysisbenchnormal1920x1080.jpg

average fps = 44.99 ... very playable fps, look incredibly smooth.. but i myself prefer the higher quality with less fps... amazing difference between the modded very high and regular high when it comes to fps... but the hit is definitely worth it.. try it yourself

and last but not least is the regular 1280x1024 for all you regular joe schmoes...

1280x1024standard.jpg

average came out to 61.845

Nos, Excel and open office calc can make graphs pretty easily. all you have to do is input the data into the cells and tell it what graph to make. it will take care of the rest. I'm fairly certain that's how all the websites that do reviews do it.

i never oc through windows...

and you havent heard of corrupt windows files overclocking? you don't overclock enough then ;) lol

when you start in needing big voltage in things such as fsb and northbridge it happens.. you ever tried clocking to 4.5 ghz.. lol

haha, tone clock down!! blasphemy... i just finished my install... so imma get back to the overclocking once i get some games installed to finish my gpu review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom