Blue Ray Player won't play Blue Ray movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
Okay I just received my laptop with it's Blue Ray player. the player is an Optiarc BD Rom BC-5500S. I purchased the movie "The Happening" and it does not play. All it displays is a black screen. No audio or video. I read up on it and it looks like it requires some firmware update to work with HDCP encryption or something. I've tried everything I can to find this update, but I can't find it anywhere. I'm getting pretty frustrated about this. It looks like I received a player that doesn't even play movies but only self filed movies. Any ideas? Going nuts...

From what I've read looks like you will just need to wait for a firmware update on this website

Blu-ray - Sony NEC Optiarc Europe

None available yet, which sucks for you

EDIT: It looks like they have the P-ATA fireware version there, but not the S-ATA version

Might have to wait a little longer depending on what version you need

Yep this is pretty much what I figured out too. Same information. Hopefully it's released soon...

Any chance there's a software blue ray player that has the update built in to it? A type of media player?

You can try some codecs. I know that Klite and some others have added support for the H264 format. I think that is the HD one. But you would have to try things like VLC.

IF anything they would be included on the BD.

You can try some codecs. I know that Klite and some others have added support for the H264 format. I think that is the HD one. But you would have to try things like VLC.

IF anything they would be included on the BD.

Just tried Klite, but it looks like it doesn't support Blue Ray at all.

Man still no driver update and no software works. What's the point of paying an extra $100+ for a blue ray player when it doesn't even work. Ridiculous.

Right here on the page it has the firmware for laptop drives:

Blu-ray - Sony NEC Optiarc Europe

The sata driver thats missing is for 5.25" drives.

Wahoo "Released: 21.10.2008"! Trying it now!
EDIT: Guess not...

"Important: Our Firmware Updates are not compatible with those provided by OEM vendors (e.g. HP, Dell, Fujitsu-Siemens etc.). You may damage your drive if you flash it with incompatible firmware."

Mine says current version 1.83 and it fails the flash because the flast is 1.04

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom