My 1st build

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only question i can not find online is so simple.

4 slots for ram. | | | |____| | | |

yellow----------^----------^
red----------------^---------^

Now for installing 2x 2gb ram in dual channel should i place the ram side by side or color coded?

im pretty sure its same color.
thats how mine is
i had it side by side and it would heat up pretty hot.' :0
lol idk if thats bad or not

Yea its usually (A1)(A2)__(B1)(B2)

So to operate in dual channel mode you'll put on 2gb stick in slot (A1) and another in slot (B1)

Yea Dual channel usually is color coated. But if not you stagger them like 1 ...... 2 .... 1 ... 2

No problem iGame, Its a pleasure to help and thanks for the kudo's :)

I do accept support questions via PM, So if you see that nobody is replying to your issue or another member's issue just shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to take a look.

Yea next time i would wait for a reply to go and order. But sometimes we just cant wait. I know once i get my money straight im getting a guitar and a new PC since im getting my permit within the next few days i can drive where i need to.

as promised heres pictures of my progress

All of the parts hiding in my closet : )

core2Duo installed... that lever took more force then i expected to place in the "locked" position...

cpu cooler , memory installed

Gotta love the stack of computer hardware in the closet. YOu get it all in the case yet? Did it POST?

Nope not yet, im currently waiting on UPslow. But i mainly wanted to get everything in order and layed out so that when it does come my work station is organized. So anxious right now hehe.

not all of it is computer parts some are fireworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom