My 1st build

Status
Not open for further replies.

igame

Baseband Member
Hi all my name is Seiko.

First off I would like to thank each and every member who has ever posted here. It was these forums that gave me the confidence and knowledge i needed to go ahead with this build. P.S. The FAQ's and stickies are awesome.

Mboard- GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard

Psupply- Antec neopower 500w sli cert. modular

Graphics- EVGA 512-P3-N976-AR GeForce 9800 GT Superclocked Edition 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16

HD - Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

CPU- Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8500 - Retail

Case- LIAN LI PC-65 USB B2 Silver Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

RAM- mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996587 - Retail

OS- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic SP1 64-bit English 1pk for System Builders DSP OEI DVD - OEM

Everything is at my house except for the case and optical drive. Every part was ordered from newegg.com

Let me know how I did guys!

For a smidge more you could have gotten a better GPU.

Only 160GB HD, for about 20 bucks more than that one cost you could have gotten a 500GB.

Good processor/board/case.

Very good build but you could have searched for some better deals on the Hard Drive for sure.

Hope the build goes well! be sure and take pictures! lol

Thanks Mr LoL'er for your input. I guess thats your signature of placing "LoL" at the end of your comment lol.

My current computer has a 160gb and i have 90gb free space. I don't store many videos or music i just play games and use powerpoint/word/excel.

Im hoping with that setup i can turn the settings up on Team Fortress 2 (my fav) And im also hoping none of these products are DOA.

That HD is sata so that means just sata connection to the motherboard and sata power correct?

Im just nervous about this whole sata thing. But i will take picture's and post them in this thread as soon as the case and optical drive arrive.

Yea i didn't mean to come off derogatory lol. I'm sure thats ample space for most people. With that setup you should have no problem running TF2 on max settings at 1680x1050 or less.

Yea with that HD you just plug the Sata power from the PSU to the HD, and Sata data cable from HD to MoBo.

Why you nervous about Sata? lol Any concerns we might be able to help you with?

Just haven't used sata ever. But im sure I will be fine. The good thing is this website will be up and running on my old computer while im working on the new build side by side. If I bump into any problems i will post thank you.

Just haven't used sata ever. But im sure I will be fine. The good thing is this website will be up and running on my old computer while im working on the new build side by side. If I bump into any problems i will post thank you.

Welcome to Tech-Forums The best Tech solution site on the net!!
:D

Just a few things to look out with sata is that you dont try to "force" anything with it because its should simply slide in and stay there. its not like IDE where you gota apply pressure. just put it in there and you should be fine. I would reccomend scrapping the sata cables you get with your mobo and get some nice 90 degree angle sata cables at one end and straight on the other. put the 90 in the drive and the straight end on the mobo. It just looks better and has less chance of the pins breaking off.

Hope this helps with your exploration into new technology.

BTW if your not running programs like CAD/ Photoshop CS3/or hardcore video games i wouldnt recommend having 64bit and 4 gigs of ram. because if your not gona be using the programs why waste the money on extra stuff when you can put that towards say a better CPU or GPU. but if you are going to be running memory intense programs stick with what you got thats good. but if your just gona be running light games like TF2 / HL2 / BF2 / COD4 / etc then 2 gigs and a 32 bit version of vista will save you quite a bit.

If you need help getting a 2 gig set up of ram that'd be good for you then leme or one of the other members on Tech forums recommend you some. We'll steer ya in the right directions.

PS- Good job on your first build not bad i must say.

What is you total for this build?

920 before any rebate. All purchased @ newegg (really paranoid with online purchases)

I know $110.00 US for a case is expensive but i felt as though the product would make my first build easier, and last me for a good while.

Welcome to Tech-Forums The best Tech solution site on the net!!
:D

Just a few things to look out with sata is that you dont try to "force" anything with it because its should simply slide in and stay there. its not like IDE where you gota apply pressure. just put it in there and you should be fine. I would reccomend scrapping the sata cables you get with your mobo and get some nice 90 degree angle sata cables at one end and straight on the other. put the 90 in the drive and the straight end on the mobo. It just looks better and has less chance of the pins breaking off.

Hope this helps with your exploration into new technology.

BTW if your not running programs like CAD/ Photoshop CS3/or hardcore video games i wouldnt recommend having 64bit and 4 gigs of ram. because if your not gona be using the programs why waste the money on extra stuff when you can put that towards say a better CPU or GPU. but if you are going to be running memory intense programs stick with what you got thats good. but if your just gona be running light games like TF2 / HL2 / BF2 / COD4 / etc then 2 gigs and a 32 bit version of vista will save you quite a bit.

If you need help getting a 2 gig set up of ram that'd be good for you then leme or one of the other members on Tech forums recommend you some. We'll steer ya in the right directions.

PS- Good job on your first build not bad i must say.

Thanks DawnOfDoom, its funny you say that. As I was looking at the provided (2) sata cables that came w/ the mother board i wondered why they would only provide one 90 degree angled chord and not two. But for now it should be fine. But the chord is just so small lol.

The reason that I went with 4 gigs and 64 bit is that the price differential was so minimal. I just feel like the 64 bit os would future proof my system to where if I needed more ram, I could simply add in 2 more sticks and not have to obtain a new OS.

Light games are not light games compared to my old comp, p4 2.8 7600gs factory asus mboard. lol.

All the parts have allready arrived, except for the case and Optical drive. (I know should have posted before i ordered)

But thank you for your input it is VERY much appreciated and i clicked your link to give you Kudos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom