Upgrading gpu: HD4870, GTX280 or 260?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think it's a moot point since we rarely recommend sli capable motherboards right now. the GTX260 216s might be as fast, but inu the end you are either getting an inferior motherboard for the same price as an I45 or P5Q or you are paying more for a similarly performing one.

in teh exeption fo a 750i ftw, the only resonable nvidia board out to date that is stabel and will oc very very well not it wotn hit 600 fsb but will go over 500 easy.

in teh exeption fo a 750i ftw, the only resonable nvidia board out to date that is stabel and will oc very very well not it wotn hit 600 fsb but will go over 500 easy.

The 750i FTW can be picked up for 159 after rebate right now. I'd say thats a pretty good price for an SLI board. And personally, i dont think i will ever buy another Asus board after this rampage. Its a great board, but god forbid i have any issues with it.

4 asus boards in 3 years and never a single issue. P5B Deluxe, P5K Deluxe, P5E, P5Q ...every single one has been a monster overclocker as well. Personally I love them.

4 asus boards in 3 years and never a single issue. P5B Deluxe, P5K Deluxe, P5E, P5Q ...every single one has been a monster overclocker as well. Personally I love them.

i loved my maximus formula aswell as my asus a8n 5x. ive owned high and low, and zmatt i come from experience from both sides with a nice x38 board and my 750iftw board. besides the aestetics my maximus formula had, this 750iftw is performing better. and is a cheaper mobo, with the same features. on board power on/off switch cmos button lcd display. this thing has more fan headers to,and has as much cooler nb @ 32c compared to 48/49, with the maximus, so you cannot say all nvidia boards are worthless, or wont perform as good for a higher cost. the 780i over priced yes, same fucntionality as my ftw 750i. and in some cases my ftw is more stable the na regular 780i or 790i as it has teh solid state capasitors.
the only prob i had is the disk drivers didnt work but really you should always use the lattest drivers anyway.

+ i was trying to trouble shoot my asus maximus formula to get my ide dvd drive to work it did @ one time i dotn know how i did it i called asus was on hold for an hour, if not more to be told it was impossible, but i had it working @ first it just randomly stoped. so i whent and bougth a stat dvd drive alltho i didtn wana wait a week for a new dvd drive when i had just built my new comp and had no other. and it was hard to find localy.

but in both ocasions i very very very much enjoyed both mother boards none the less, and i would only recomend this 750ift w mobo over any other nvidia board, and would only recomend the 780iftw if tri sli was needed.

I wish i would have got the crosshair.

No issues with this board, except for a driver that keep making me bsod and i couldint figure out which one so i had to reinstall windows about three times back when i first built the rig.

Its been a very solid board in the year ive had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom