Need mobo suggestion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
Well to make a long story short, my recently updated build was stolen and im about to recieve a somewhate hefty insurance check, so i have a decent budget.

So far im getting a new 22" monitor (probably an asus that a saw a good deal on the egg)
leaning towards a q9550.
2x 4850's
4gb ddr3 (i know the price/performance difference but i would like it)
2x500 gb drives
1TB drive

so basically i need a good mother board (x38/x48) that supports ddr3 and has lots of features, im willing to spend a lot on a nice one. so far im thinking about the DFI LT X48-T3RS. It looks like a great board despite newegg reviews, either way i trust DFI. Im open to suggestions... what do you guys think?

If I had a nice pile of cash to spend on a computer, I'd wait until the bloomfields and compatible mobos were released. I hear the mobo's are gonna be released in november, and the cpu's kinda nowish.
meh, benchmarks and reviews I've read seem to indicate they will totally pwn, so yeah. def I'd wait.

Next big thing will be nehalem as above says for spending big cash on ^^^. It will be in its infancy though so the first releases may be wrought with bugs. DDr3 is only worth it for the very fastest modules the lower end ones are on par with some DDr2 models.

The 9800GX2 are a steal right now so you may want 2 of them in sli for quad core goodness :p that will obliterate even crysis on max settings. I like the 790i by nvidia if going down an sli route or tri sli as a future upgrade once the nextgen games come out the 9800gx2 will probably be around $100. Asus have had some dodgy boards lately which is worth consideration (asus striker 2 extreme). The Asus maximus extreme (x38) is supposed to be good and the Foxconn black-ops (x48). Whatever board you choose in that price range is not going to be awful (all mentioned are good overclockers) it just depends what extras you want.

i need raid options so i don't think the biostar is going to work.

i'd love to wait but at the moment i have no form of entertainment whatsoever in my house so im not waiting for a new computer. i did a little research last night and i think i figured out what is going to be the best for my money in my situation.

e8500
x38/x48 (unsure of exact model at the moment but i want all the options it has to offer)
4gb ddr2-1066 mushkin 5-5-5-15
2x 4850's or one 4870 (im only getting a 22" monitor so i think either way im good, although the 4870 should be perfectly fine and cheaper)
2x500gb hdd's
1tb hdd
Nzxt tempest case (looks very similar to my antec 900 i had but i like Nzxt and it has really good reviews)
corsair hx 520w
xigmatek HDT-S1283

is that a pretty good build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom