Policy Change for the Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really a symptom, not a problem.

Subforums that hardly recieve views perhaps should be merged with others to increase the response speed in those subforums.

Honestly yes imo the forums could do with a layout tweak an some of the sub forums turned into full blown areas. The windows tips an tricks should just be called news an tools an osiris should be given his due powers in there.

But that is not a topic for discussion in this thread, post it over in the suggestions area an we can start talking about it.

Oh yea we will issue warnings once on this matter an then after that the infractions will escalate in a fashion to which you already know.

This is really a symptom, not a problem.

Subforums that hardly recieve views perhaps should be merged with others to increase the response speed in those subforums.

Wha?

So someone posting a Audio question in OT to get more answers is a symptom? When the Audio area gets traffic. :confused:

Or posting a Windows question in the Other Hardware area. :confused:

Sorry i dont quite understand how it is a symptom. Maybe for a area like the Phone and MP3 devices. Yeah i could understand that being a symptom. But i have seen no less that 10 topics in the Other Hardware forum that should be in the Windows forum this week alone.

That is not a symptom. That is pure error or laziness by people not posting in the right area. I know the Windows area is taken care of. I also know that the hardware area is taken care of.

In fact there are very few forums that is not covered by a Mod or SMod on a daily basis and checked for questions that need answers.

It isnt a symptom. It is a problem.

Poizen if you post say an audio problem in the Off-Topic section then it is in the wrong section and will be moved and you will be warned. Many people on here have recently been posting unrelated problems in the high traffic sections of the forum. So they have decided to take this matter more seriously now.

i have had that problem occur many times but it was usualy by accident, of me either not knowing the proper section existed, or i didnt know where to place it, or i just clicked the wrong section by accident.

Then we will just beat you, then. ;)

If you are unsure, take your best shot but put something at the top of the post saying that you were not sure where to put it.

The focus of this is to deter those who post knowingly in the wrong areas just to get it seen.

i have had that problem occur many times but it was usualy by accident, of me either not knowing the proper section existed, or i didnt know where to place it, or i just clicked the wrong section by accident.

Well to add to what Trotter said. Make SURE that you are putting it in the right area by double checking where you are posting rather than just hitting New Topic and posting without paying attention. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom