PC for my mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Hey, im just getting him some parts from MSY.com.au so they dont have any of the great I45 motherboards etc. My main question is does the Asus P5Q-Pro have any problems running with Vista Ultimate 64bit??

My next question is how does this look. Remember i can only buy parts from Msy.com.au, dont give me newegg links please.. haha.

CASE: Thermaltake V9
PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower 600W SLI/Crossfire Ready
MOBO: Asus P5Q-Pro
CPU: 3.16GHZ Wolfdale E8500
RAM: 4GB Kit DDR2 800mhz OCZ Platinum 4-4-4
HDD: Samsung 1TB SATA
Optical: 20x DVD/R-W SATA Samsung
VIDEO: 512MB 4870 ASUS

The only thing i was worried about was people are complaining about super high 4870 temps... is that true and what do you recommend to reduce it short of replacing the sink..

Should i just use Catalyst Control Center and set speeds to like 60%?

god that website confused me, but if ur worried about temps if can get a power color 4870 w/ the big cooler it would solve that.

gah still confusing but looks like u pretty much got the best u can get out of there, u gonna keep stock cooling?

Just a reminder don't forget a 64bit operating system ;). There is a website that you can order stuff from Newegg through and they deliver to Australia can't remember the name a quick google should find it, may be cheaper with that bulk buy.

Zedman mate, there are other places that are sometimes cheaper in Sydney, can you use em at all??

staticICE :: Australia's comprehensive computer hardware and gadget price comparison search engine - this is a good way to find the cheapest stuff.

Otherwise, IJK (formerly Umart) is pretty good, here are some P45s - IJK Online Store IT / Computers

I dont know if you have used MSY before, but they out of stock alot of the time.

As for the 4870 - just make sure that the case has adequate cooling and good wire management and it should be fine. If your worried, make sure it has a good warranty!

Yeah thanks meat_helmet, im using pccasegear.com for the case but i wanna try and limit the rest to one local shop because my friend doesnt want to get his 'expensive' gear online. He wont budge on that one.

And yeah ive used msy before, i mean its true, they run out of stock really often but theres always something you can replace it with, like if they dont have an asus 4850, theres the gigabyte, if they dont have the OCZ i can get the G.Skillz.

Also, ive decided to go with the 4850 instead of the 70 because he isnt that much of a major gamer and the 4850 will do him fine.

Anyone have a single slot 4850 and can tell me average temps??

Also is the 4850 adequate for WoW all the way up to something like FarCry2 at 1080p? Because i think he'll be using his TV for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom