New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

joowan

In Runtime
so today my 90~day old corsair DHX2 ram died on me today BSOD for a while then just wouldnt POST, i assumed that it was the mobo since no POST so i went to micro-center and talked to the guy about getting a new motherboard, they had a great special on the EVGA 750i FTW.

great its only 5 bucks more than newegg, so i pick this mobo up and it is a BEAST (im pretty sure this has been discussed), my ASUS that i just replaced couldnt clock my e6600 past 2.78ghz and right now im running at a stable 3.4 on my e6600

so since i got another 8800gts 512 on the way and some XMS2 DHX ram going back i went ahead and put these on the shopping list

750W Corsair PSU
Corsair Dominator 2x2GB
Intel Q9550 (newegg ran out of 9450s)

Sounds good that old board isnt crud it could get the e6600 to 3ghz what cooler were you using? Sensoring tools? I don't see how Ram dying warrants a new motherboard.....

The stuff you have chosen is good shizzle and should be very fast. Unless your using loads of multi apps I don't see why the Quad core was needed as its unlikely to go any faster then the E6600 on air. I would of bought a watercooling kit instead and your current PSU isn't in your sig so can't say whether a new one was needed you have increased your peak wattage by just less then 200 though.

with games getting more and more tailored to multi-core CPUs i figure its smart to get go quad.

my PSU right now is a 500w Enermax liberty

Sounds good that old board isnt crud it could get the e6600 to 3ghz what cooler were you using? Sensoring tools? I don't see how Ram dying warrants a new motherboard.....

The stuff you have chosen is good shizzle and should be very fast. Unless your using loads of multi apps I don't see why the Quad core was needed as its unlikely to go any faster then the E6600 on air. I would of bought a watercooling kit instead and your current PSU isn't in your sig so can't say whether a new one was needed you have increased your peak wattage by just less then 200 though.

cooler was the big zalman guy, heat was never an issue, that asus board just couldnt go fast compared to this, now im going to use it to build another rig that wont be OC'd much

:s that board has a bios that allow the fsb to push the cpu to 3.6ghz perhaps you just got a dud.

maybe, before i had nothing to compare it to, now that i can compare this bios to the evga board, the asus bios for the board sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom