SHaTTaFaKKaP

TY, May I have another?
I just built a new computer for my friend and specs are as follow
EVGA 8800GTS 320 KO ASC3
Asus P5B w/ Wifi
PC power and cooling 510
G skill 2 GB ram
e2140
I've looked up the requirements for video card, and it seems the power supply should be able to handle it, any other suggestions as to why it's not showing up on the monitors that I've tried?

The other possible solutions;
Clear cmos
Change graphics card and test in another pc
Change graphics card slot
Change monitor and test on another pc
Change motherboard and test on another pc
Change dvi port
Check system compatibilities e.g. cpu/ mobo which you should of done before buying!

If everything spins up including graphics card then its unlikely to be a psu problem
Possibly motherboard
Possibly cpu
Possibly graphics card
Possibly monitor
Above are the ways to cancel these factors down

If you need to update the bios then either borrow a cpu off of a friend or go to your local pc shop who will charge you £15 or $20 providing you act like you know what your talking about

yeah process of elimination has saved my *** a couple of times. but i rekon its the bios update u need, make sure all your connectors are in aswell, had a guy in another thread who forgot to plug up his 12v ATX power.

The other possible solutions;
Clear cmos
Change graphics card and test in another pc
Change graphics card slot
Change monitor and test on another pc
Change motherboard and test on another pc
Change dvi port
Check system compatibilities e.g. cpu/ mobo which you should of done before buying!

If everything spins up including graphics card then its unlikely to be a psu problem
Possibly motherboard
Possibly cpu
Possibly graphics card
Possibly monitor
Above are the ways to cancel these factors down

If you need to update the bios then either borrow a cpu off of a friend or go to your local pc shop who will charge you £15 or $20 providing you act like you know what your talking about
oh thanks for that, it turns out that I didn't plug a cable into my mobo, the top one.

yeah process of elimination has saved my *** a couple of times. but i rekon its the bios update u need, make sure all your connectors are in aswell, had a guy in another thread who forgot to plug up his 12v ATX power.

lol just like i said xD seems to be a common one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom