Need help picking case

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said you are building a gaming PC.

If you want to save money then go with the Cooler Master 690 without the Side Panel Window.

If you want to look at your hardware like what gamers do, then go with the NZXT Tempest.

They both have good air flow. The 690 brings 3 fans and the Tempest brings 4 fans. If you dont like too much blue because the Tempest brings 3 blue fans while the 690 brings 1 blue fan. The NZXT is bigger than the 690 if you want alittle better cable management. Not sure if they get lots of dust inside because the Tempest is almost the copy of the Antec 900 but I heard it brings filters which will help prevent some/most of the dust to get in.

Oh really. So that 690 with the psu is not good psu?
Also, on the link you showed my, why is the 650W cheaper than the 620W? And what would be a good amount of watts for my computer? 650W?

Well, that PSU that comes with the case has 32A on the 12v rails, which isnt too bad. But it isnt a brand we recomend. The reason we do recomend others is because they are more stable with their power output and more reliable. As Proto mentioned, buying a cheap PSU can damage your hardware in the long run.

EDIT: The 650 is cheaper just because its a good deal. They might have a higher demand for it than the 620 - therfore bringing the price down. Watts isnt the only thing to worry about. How many Amps on the 12v rails is more important. The one you mentiend has 32A on multiple rails = no so good. The Corsair has 52A on a single rail = much better!

620w is modular means that you can remove the cables you don't need for cable management. 650w is still better because it is single rail. The rail has 52 amps and less power is lost while the 620w has 3 rails and each of them have 18 amps.

The one with the case has 3 rails and each has 19 amps. Thats probably for budget-mid builds.

Amps is more important than watts. More amps the more it can power.

Meat helmet how did u get 32A?

Meat helmet how did u get 32A?

I checked the product specs and worked out the Amps. It has 3 rails, totalling 432 watts / 12v = 32Amps. Working it out for mulitple rails is a bit tricky, each rail may have maximum, bit there is also the max that can be spread across all three. Lol, on every level a single rail is better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom