Upgrading gpu: HD4870, GTX280 or 260?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a TV not a monitor. Monitor have a bigger resolution than a TV. My 52" HDTV resolution is less than a 24" LCD Widescreen Monitor.

Only by a small margin. My 24" monitor is 1920x1200 60hz. My 67" DLP is 1920x1080 60hz. But a monitor is almost always viewed at a much shorter distance than a TV so it needs to have higher pixel pitch.

What are some of the specs of your TV? I sell TVs at Sears and we no longer carry the XBR 3, and we didn't when I started working there. The XBR 4 are about a year old, we are just getting the XBR 6's now. I would imagine however, it's a pretty **** nice tv as the xbr's are top of the line.

newegg. 4870's come at as low as 250 while core 216's are about 290 (with MIB) cheapest.

You don't notice any of its performance increase over a 4870 either, unless you go SLI. So unless your like Nosboost or Veedub, then there really is no reason to go GTX 260. That is, if your after price/performance without plans to SLI.

Maybe I don't see the point in going SLI with a 300$ Graphics Card, but if thats what rocks your boat. Then by all means go for it.

You don't notice any of its performance increase over a 4870 either, unless you go SLI. So unless your like Nosboost or Veedub, then there really is no reason to go GTX 260. That is, if your after price/performance without plans to SLI.

Maybe I don't see the point in going SLI with a 300$ Graphics Card, but if thats what rocks your boat. Then by all means go for it.

there really isnt a performance difference. they are evenly matched, depending on games.
but, the 1gb 4870 almost always performs better at 1920 x 1200, for the same money.

Personally I think it's a moot point since we rarely recommend sli capable motherboards right now. the GTX260 216s might be as fast, but inu the end you are either getting an inferior motherboard for the same price as an I45 or P5Q or you are paying more for a similarly performing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom