New GPU is here, now I need a new Mobo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can do without sli the Biostar I45 is as good as it gets for overclocking.

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TPower I45 LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

At this point DDR3 isn't really worth it. These G.SKILL PI Black's are good ram.

Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Would there be a noticeable performance increase in going with DDR2 1066 over the 800? Possibly something like Newegg.com - CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory ?

Yes. Thats good. But you won't be able to SLI that fast GTX 260 216. You can save your money for Nehalem for CrossFireX and SLI.

Why?

What the heck are you talking about?

You cant SLI in an Intel Motherboard. Only NVIDIA 600/700 series motherboard can.

I am saying to save your extra money on the Nehalem when you need it. The X58 (Nehalem motherboard from Intel) will allow you to SLI or CrossfireX.

You cant SLI in an Intel Motherboard. Only NVIDIA 600/700 series motherboard can.

I am saying to save your extra money on the Nehalem when you need it. The X58 (Nehalem motherboard from Intel) will allow you to SLI or CrossfireX.

Ahh....thanks!

No problem. Ask any questions you have. I might have an answer but I havent been on the forum in the past 5 months that much.

While I'm basically upgrading my Mobo, Memory, and my GPU, do you guys think it would be worth it to upgrade my CPU as well? As stated earlier, I am currently using a Q6600 stock. I have no experience OCing, but am willing to give it a shot once I get this new Motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom