New pc Load Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexis

Beta member
Hey all,

spent the last 2 days building my new system. The problem i have got is when i power up the system my monitor registers the input and i see the first 2seconds of the boot menu. (lots of numbers etc, press del to enter setup etc), then the monitor stop showing anything. the pc does not turn off, all power still running etc. The system im running is -

cpu - Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 LGA775 'Wolfdale' "Overclocking E0 Stepping" 3.33GHz

mb - Asus P5Q3 Deluxe @ Wifi-N Intel P45 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard

gfx - Asus ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 2048MB GDDR5 TV-Out/Dual DVI/HDMI (PCI-Express)

ram - Corsair 4GB DDR3 DHX 1600C9DHX Twin3X (2x2GB) (TW3X4G1600C9DHX)

psu - Tagan PipeRock TG1100-BZ 1100w Modular BZ Series PSU

All watercooled (cpu+gfx card)

Any ideas why my monitor only shows the first 2seconds of the boot? its not the same as unplugging your monitor while the system is running because i dont get "no signal input" on the screen, so im guessing the monitor is getting some kind of signal but is just not showing it. HELP PLEASE!

Regards - nexis

You can try using the monitor on a working system to rule out the problem being the monitor.

Then from there, if you can, try another GPU and see if the one you have is faulty.

You can try using the monitor on a working system to rule out the problem being the monitor.

Then from there, if you can, try another GPU and see if the one you have is faulty.

I dont think it can be the GPU because he can see for 2 seconds.

If the GPU was screwing up after a couple seconds of running would it not cause the screen to possibly go blank? Maybe do to a cooling problem or something deeper?

I remember i bought an HD2x00 last christmas, and i put in in my system and for a couple seconds the screen would cut on and off, turned out to be a short in the card where it connects to the PCIe slot or something, because i popped in an old 7600 and it worked fine. Not saying thats the problem but it couldn't hurt to rule it out.

I think the computer would shut down if it was overheating not sure. I know it shuts down when the CPU overheats to prevent permanent damage but not sure with the GPU.

one idea my mate had was that because im using a watercooling setup i dont have anything plugged into the cpu1 fan pin on the motherboard, and he said that it might be that the motherboard detects there is no cpu fan is shuts off power to the cpu straight away after a couple of secs of the boot. BUT, my pc does not power down, the monitor simply goes from 2seconds of the initial boot to "stand by" mode. (the light on monitor is the same colour as when your pc is switched off), BUT i dont get an error on monitor saying "no signal input". . . . QQ

I had a similar problem to you when I just build my computer this past week. What my issue was, not sure if this is the case for you however, was that all the power connections on the motherboard were not connected.. Therefore, the system was not getting enough power and not moving further in boot-up.. I would just say check the connections on the MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom