Upgrading gpu: HD4870, GTX280 or 260?

Status
Not open for further replies.
true, but really, with a high enough res, who needs AA? playing a game without any AA enabled, you won't notice much of a difference. unless your rig lags at higher resolutions. In which case it'll lag with AA on anyway.

Even with super high pixel density like 1680x1050 on a 19" screen some AA will be needed....

yeah and even if its not heaps noticeable if better AA ability for the 4870 comes cheaper than the core 216 why not go for it?

Baron5 where do you see the 4870 cheaper then the 216?

Just switching gears here. I see some stated it depends on which type of res you are running and refresh rate I am sure matters. So question, which of these two would be better for performance? Please note: one is my LCD TV and one is my LCD MONITOR

TV: Sony, KDL 46XBR3
Monitor: LG, W2252TQ

Baron5 where do you see the 4870 cheaper then the 216?

Just switching gears here. I see some stated it depends on which type of res you are running and refresh rate I am sure matters. So question, which of these two would be better for performance? Please note: one is my LCD TV and one is my LCD MONITOR

TV: Sony, KDL 46XBR3
Monitor: LG, W2252TQ

the LG will be better...I picked one out for a friend and when it was all set up I was quite impressed. Very nice monitor

no, but I can tell you it's much worse than the LG monitor. If the screen size is much larger that might be something to consider though

well I can get a higher res out of the tv, that I know since it supports 1080p. However I am concerned about performance of games and refresh rate. yes games LOOK better but I am not sure if they will perform better. For instance can I run Crysis smoother on the LG monitor?

correct me if im wrong.
but probly not seeing how monitors have higher res
im playing on my tv right now/ a 37'' lcd and the res is only 1366x 768.
it still looks really good in games tho

correct me if im wrong.
but probly not seeing how monitors have higher res
im playing on my tv right now/ a 37'' lcd and the res is only 1366x 768.
it still looks really good in games tho

It is a TV not a monitor. Monitor have a bigger resolution than a TV. My 52" HDTV resolution is less than a 24" LCD Widescreen Monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom