*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

I got a new toy :)

34490174vf8.png

I'm making another run tonight with the 4870s, i think i may have only overclocked 1 of them last time around. I -will- break 22k before switching to the 260s.

Good luck :)
a 45nm quad will really help your score

anyway here's my entry

18,056 | gurusan | Q9650 @ 4.2gHz | HD4850 512mb @ 880/1150 | Server 08 64bit ORB

Taking apart a factory computer is nothing.

And im not even talking about putting it together. Im talking about the skill that goes into overclocking. It takes trial and error and time to know what youre doing, you dont just boot into bios, and get to 4ghz instantly.

I don't know what happen to my old post but this is what I said:

i suggest you build a regular system first so you can get some experience

You were talking about putting it together. If I build a computer before this one then I wont be building another one for at least 1 year mininum.

Yea...I've had to pretty much RMA every single part in my PC except the CPU. It just comes with the territory. It can be extremely frustrating when you have a bad component and aren't sure if it's the RAM, the power supply, the mobo, or whatever.

Prototype:
OCing takes an incredible amount of patience and time, and, as said, trial and error. Taking a computer apart and rebuilding it will get you ready for step 1 of about 50 :p when you are building a high-end PC. Add into the mix WC and you have a whole new beast. Also, if you are only building one for the highest benchmark spot I think you will be really dissapointed when you drop $4k and then someone beats you within 2 months.

If you have been in the forums before. I said that I might resell the parts and get a cheaper computer. Why is everyone saying that I am going to spend $4k? I said I have $4,000 to spend but I'm not going to spend all the money on a computer. I said I was going to go with HD 4870 X2 Quad before but now as you can see in my old post I am currently thinking of getting one.

Good luck :)
a 45nm quad will really help your score

anyway here's my entry

18,056 | gurusan | Q9650 @ 4.2gHz | HD4850 512mb @ 880/1150 | Server 08 64bit ORB
So, where do these get posted? Here or the BM thread? If it's here then here is my entry:

21,519 | synergy | Q9650 @ 4.2GHz | 8800GT 512 SLI @ 695/975 | XP 32bit ORB

im very very jealous of your cpu score. once i get my new job a q 9550 is the first thing ima pick up do you water cool guru if not what heatsink do you use?

Ya, don't blame me, but the Post thing.. over time as we added more and more of high scores on the first post, the lower ones disappeared...

I managed to get some of the lower ones back... but I didn't get the rest...

now my score disappeared :(

im very very jealous of your cpu score. once i get my new job a q 9550 is the first thing ima pick up do you water cool guru if not what heatsink do you use?

yeah the 45nm quads are sweet....and yeah I watercool. TBH it's a bit hard to clock quads high on air. It can still be done though

sick so im assuming your on water then you said a 4+ghz clock on a 45nm quad should be possible tho, i will most likely lapp it aswell.

Back
Top Bottom