6800 Help......

Status
Not open for further replies.

play2lose

In Runtime
I still have my 6800 and it is STILL running slow....and now it is showing artifacts.....not OC

im starting to think its my card........I should try and get it replaced.........should i just call BFG and tell them?????

What kind of power supply do you have? Possibly with your CPU overclocked and the card requiring quite a bit of power your 12 volt line is straining? Whats your wattage and Amperage per rail meaning +3.3, +5, and +12 volt.

BTW what nanowarrior suggested isnt too far off from the truth. Could be a heating issue especially since the thing is overclocked. Download the Coolbits registry file and it'll allow you to check your clock frequencies and maybe bring them down a little.

ok...i just have a normal 350 watt ps.......but i dont know too much about voltage.....ill try underclocking cpu and gpu....

i have a 6800 from Evga but i could imagine its the same thing...make sure you plug a line from your power supply that isnt connected to anything else

play2lose said:
ok...i just have a normal 350 watt ps.......but i dont know too much about voltage.....ill try underclocking cpu and gpu....

I wouldnt own an overclocked card with that small of a psu.

Mine is at 410 MHZ and 1.7GHz

try another PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom