*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

have fun with getting your drivers for 2 x 4870x2 ironed out...can you say "nightmare"?
good luck to ya, though. i'll be interested to see what a 4500.00 rig looks like.

I think new drivers will come out before 2009. I am trying to save as much money as I can like I said before.

you should go with nehalem, i saw one of those chips break 7k when oced to like 4.0 i think not sure but yea very very very nice score.

you should go with nehalem, i saw one of those chips break 7k when oced to like 4.0 i think not sure but yea very very very nice score.

I am going with Nehalem when the 32nm chips comes out next year. So I might have a new build by Q2-Q4 2010 depends if I need it by that time.

If you have $4500 to spend, you might as well go skull trail.

Skulltrail is too expensive.

2 QX9775 = $2,000 (2 x $1000 each)
Skulltrail Motherboard = $500
HD 4870 X2 Quad Crossfire = $900 (2 x $450 each) or GeForce GTX 280 Tri-SLI = $1050 (3 x $350 each)

Those are the cheapest prices I can currently find. Thats around $3500 for those parts. The only money I will have left will be $1000 for monitor, keyboard, mouse, WC, ram, hdd, case, dvd burner, psu, speakers, sound card, os, etc...

While I can get 4870X2 Quad ($900), QX9650 ($600), Rampage Formula ($200) for $1700, half the cost of skulltrail.

Again, all this with a first build...i suggest you build a regular system first so you can get some experience and learn about overclocking first. Later on, you can build another and start doing suicide runs and stuff.

And dont get mad if you kill a board/chip...its happened to these guys.

I have already disassemble my HP completely and put it back together. The only problem I think I will be having it where to connect the front add-on cables and WC if I get it.

If I build a desktop right now before this one. I won't be building another one for at least 1 year.

My Current 'Wish' List
Case: 1x Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution RC-830-KKN3-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Motherboard: 1x Newegg.com - ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
GPU: 1x Newegg.com - VisionTek 900250 Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
PSU: 1x Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies
CPU: 1x Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 Yorkfield 3.0GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
RAM: 1x Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1100 (PC2 8800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
HDD: 1x Newegg.com - Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000GLFS 300GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
Keyboard: 1x Newegg.com - Logitech G15 2-Tone 104 Normal Keys 29 Function Keys USB Wired Standard Gaming Keyboard - Keyboards
Optical Drive: 1x Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
Mouse: 1x Newegg.com - Logitech G5 2-Tone 7 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Laser 2000 dpi Mouse - Mouse
Sound Card: 1x Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional 70SB088600002 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards
OS: 1x Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 English NA DVD - Operating Systems
Speakers: 1x Newegg.com - Bose 40274 2.0 Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker system - Speakers
Thermal Compound: Newegg.com - Tuniq TX-2 Cooling Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease

I am missing my CPU fan, WC parts, secondary HDD, display, etc....

Taking apart a factory computer is nothing.

And im not even talking about putting it together. Im talking about the skill that goes into overclocking. It takes trial and error and time to know what youre doing, you dont just boot into bios, and get to 4ghz instantly.

a 45nm E0 quad can do 4ghz easy, more likely much more.

There's no way a dualie will ever touch a score from one of those.

Yes the quad gets the higher scores but that does not make a dual core incompetent. It will hang w/ a quad especially not having a low fsb wall.

Again, all this with a first build...i suggest you build a regular system first so you can get some experience and learn about overclocking first. Later on, you can build another and start doing suicide runs and stuff.

And dont get mad if you kill a board/chip...its happened to these guys.
Yea...I've had to pretty much RMA every single part in my PC except the CPU. It just comes with the territory. It can be extremely frustrating when you have a bad component and aren't sure if it's the RAM, the power supply, the mobo, or whatever.

Prototype:
OCing takes an incredible amount of patience and time, and, as said, trial and error. Taking a computer apart and rebuilding it will get you ready for step 1 of about 50 :p when you are building a high-end PC. Add into the mix WC and you have a whole new beast. Also, if you are only building one for the highest benchmark spot I think you will be really dissapointed when you drop $4k and then someone beats you within 2 months.

i get 5791 :p http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/tech-forums-official-3dmark06-03-top-list-153414/index286.html
edit: also im usign crap value ram right now i once broke 6k with my balistix @ 3.9 i remember veed freeking cause it was higher then his cpu score @ 4.0

Eh sorry dude. I saw your screen shot, but I couldn't find the cpu score so I just subtracted the other scores form the total. I guess its not evenly weighed.

Back
Top Bottom