New Gaming Desktop Build... Not Working... Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

asparks

Beta member
I'm attempting to build a desktop gaming computer. I've got everything put together however when I press the power button nothing comes on the screen and there isn't a beep to tell me it's even on... i'm assuming something must be incompatable or something is hooked up wrong. here is what i'm using (all from newegg), any thoughts would be much appreciated:

Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail
LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model GH22LS30 - OEM
Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80580Q9400 - Retail
ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
APEVIA X-CRUISER-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
EVGA 512-P3-N975-AR GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X4096-6400C5 - Retail
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

I've got the 64 bit home premium version of Vista as well.. but i haven't made it that far yet

Open up your computer and make sure the Power Button cords are plugged in. From looking at pictures they are coming out of here:
1114415118fw8.jpg

If the above doesn't work the switch may be broken or the motherboard.
Do the fans spin up?
If not;
Try shorting the contacts on the motherboard for the on switch with a knife just for a moment complete the circuit then pull the knife away this is essentially what the switch does.
If they do
Change the monitors and check on another pc
Change the graphics card and check on another pc
Change the graphics card slot on the motherboard
Clear the cmos
Check every DVI port
Ensure the cpu is compatible with that board from stock and doesn't need bios updates (If memory serves I don't think it does)
check the 24pin power cable is in

Figured it out! The ATX12V connector wasn't plugged in (the powersupply had a 8/4 pin ATX12V connector leading to a bit of confusion). Thought I was going to loose my mind. Now attempting to boot...(which could also be painful seeing as how i'm going to try vista)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom