Blue Screen of Death -> Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prisonbreak94

In Runtime
Hi to all...this is my first post, and I hope to find the help that I require here.

I recently got a new desktop, about 4-5 weeks ago, and I have been getting the blue screen of death for the past 3 weeks or so. I've been visiting many forums, asking many people but I haven't been able to solve my problem. I am using windows XP Professional.

First off, the frequency of this problem has decreased in the last week or so, but it still happens at times. It happens at any time, not when I am playing games or anything, but it happens anytime, out of the blue, even when I am idle, there is a chance of it happening. I have been told to search for updated drivers for my graphics card and other hardware, that are WHQL Certified, and I did that, from windows update, and I updated all my drivers, and the problem still continued. I used software such as RegCure and CCleaner, no solutions.

However, there has been a change since last week.
Before, when I got the BSOD, I would go to My Computer > Manage > Event Viewer, and I would find this:

Event ID: 1003
Category: (102)

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 bf8bc53c, parameter3 b5fd2bb8, parameter4 00000000.

However, the last 2 times this BSOD came up, I could not find any sign of the error in the event viewer...

I can tell you my PC config, if you require.
Please help as this is really obnoxious.

Thanks

blue screen windows XP sp2 in Start - Help and Support Feature Discussion
XP Crash/Restart and Error Reporting in Start - Help and Support Feature Discussion

From what i am seeing in those 2 articles there is a problem with either a peice of hardware or your RAM. I would first use MemTest86 to test your RAM out.

Memtest86 - Download Page

Download the ISO and burn it to a CD.

Burning ISO Images with ImgBurn - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

From there boot with the CD in the tray and let it run for a while. Let us know if it kicks out any errors.

Philbar, sorry, i forgot to put it down, I'm not sure about this, but I think my stop code is:
0x00000008E

Here is more detailed info on my pc:

Windows XP Pro
Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.16Ghz 64bit 6MB Cache 1333Mhz FSB 45nm CPU
Zotac 9800GTX+ GDDR3 512MB 256BIT GPU
Corsair 2x 2GB XMS3 DHX DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 NVIDIA RAM
Seagate 500GB 32MB SATA2 7200.11 NCQ Hard disk
Asus P5Q3 Deluxe WiFi-AP Intel P45/ICH10R DDR3 1600MHZ Motherboard

And Mak, thanks for your advice, I will try it out soon. Meanwhile, anyone else have any ideas as to what is causing the problem, and what I can do?

Need to get this sorted out ASAP.
Thanks

That stop error code is tied to the RAM. Run MemTest86 before we can proceed any further.

Alright, I'm on it right now. I downloaded ImgBurn, and I downloaded the Memtest Iso version...I extracted memtest.iso from its zip folder and I'm burning memtest.iso onto a dvd+r right now, am I on track so far. If yes, what do I do after I have burned the cd. Do I just restart my pc and open the CD, is there any buttons i need to press while windows starts up to go into something?

After you burn the CD just restart with the CD in the tray. Also make sure in your BIOS that your system is setup to boot from CD before your hard drive.

You wont have to hit any buttons or anything that i remember. It should jsut start testing the RAM. Everything is there though and explained. So it shouldnt be to hard to figure out.

Alright gonna try it know i'll give feedback soon, sorry about having to ask somethings twice, I'm just not an expert about this stuff like you :)

thanks again and I shall give feedback soon.

Hey...I left memtest on for about 1h and 20 mins,
1 pass, 0 errors...it said no errors found and that I could exit. What do you suggest next?

Well I've been waiting and no answer and since I gotta sleep now and its late over here, I've decided to run memtest over night. I guess 1 pass is not good enough, hopefully I can solve this problem. I'll be back on the forums tomorrow evening, hope you guys will be around to help me. I'll run memtest86 over night and see what happens and let you know

cya and thanks for your help thus far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom