New pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronin786

Beta member
I hope ive come to the right place.
Ive been saving up for quite some time and decided to finally buy a desktop pc (currently have a laptop)
the main purpose would be gaming most probably but not 24-7.
just like a hobby
my budget is between 1200-1500 and i was thinking of a highend processor and gc with around 4gb ram.
dont know much about motherboards, but i dont plan to oc and very might sli in the future.
i want to know what your recommendations are right now??? im interestes mostly in the cpu and graphics card and motherboard.
what options do i have??
thanks for any help/

q9550
hd 4850 or 4870
ocz or g.skill 2x2gb ram, 4-4-4-12 timings
p45

someone else will be more specific with links hopefully, i only have like 3 seconds for this post i g2g

because the gtx280 is almost twice as much as the 4870 and there is only a little difference between the 2(performance wise), i suggest you choose between gtx260 216 or the hd4870

i think i might wait a bit on teh gc and see. there may be pricec uts coming.
anywyas.
i was looking at the nvidia sli chipset mobo line.
and the 780isli seems reasonably priced??
your thoughts

I run a 780i motherboard and its very good however the P45 is meant to be a bit better for overclocking. There isn't much point waiting in the pc market as you will never buy anything things are constantly being improved I built my pc at the beginning of 2006 with the second best graphics card at the time now its about 15th in the graphics charts gone from £300 to £60-140

if you are planning to SLI then go with the gtx260 216 and nvidia mobo, but if not then get a p45 mobo and gtx260 216 or the hd4870 and you will be happy with it for a year or 2, i build a rig for my friend and he is more than happy with the hd4870 he can play all games at max settings 1680x1050, so you cant go wrong with either of the 2 cards.

That's sad, the GTX 260 (216) is trailing behind the GTX 280 by not too much. Nvidia should just relabel it and sell it as something else ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom