Laptop Not Recognizing DVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plantinit

Beta member
I have a Toshiba labtop model A135-S2276 and I am running Vista. It has a Pioneer DVR-K17TBS. It was working just fine a couple of days ago. If I insert a dvd or try to upload new software. You can hear the disc running then it cuts off. I went to my computer and the dvr is not listed. It used to have a driver assigned to it but now its gone. I went to the Pioneer website but I didn't have any luck with this problem.

No yellow exclamations. I tried this and it didn't work.

Follow these instructions to use the Toshiba Upper/Lower Limit Repair Tool to make the CD / DVD drive reappear in Windows Explorer (My Computer):

Click the following link to download the Toshiba Upper/Lower Limit Repair Tool (RmvFltrs.exe). Save the file to the Windows Desktop.

For Windows XP, double-click the file RmvFltrs.exe on the Windows Desktop to start the installation program.

For Windows Vista, right-click the RmvFltrs.exe file, and choose the "Run as Administrator" option. If a User Account Control dialog box displays the message, "An unidentified program wants access to your computer", click Allow.

Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation.

Restart the Computer.
Optionally, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 314060 for additional information and detailed instructions for manually editing the Windows Registry to make the CD / DVD drive reappear in Windows Explorer (My Computer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom