Loosing sound after waking computer up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
Ok so here's the hardware that is relevant to this:

Motherboard: Gigabyte DS3 965p
Sound: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Xtrememusic

So lately whenever I wake up my computer from standby, I get no sound or very faulty sound. The first time this happened was yesterday. I woke up the computer to have excessive noise coming out of my center channel speaker. Today after waking the computer up this evening, I had zero sound at all.

By "standby" I mean: no video/audio signal and blinking power button ect. I checked all speaker connections and my sound card. Everything is snug. Also, after a reboot I get full sound again. This only happens when i wake it up from standby.

Any ideas? My cpu is overclocked to 3.6ghz so could there be some instability that somehow effects the PCI? But it's been OC stable since january. Thanks for your help either way.

Yeah I've done that before. I woke it up today and it didn't happen. I also noticed that when I restart my computer "start>>>restart" my computer will not even recognize my X-Fi after it boots. It will say "found new hardware" and try to get me to install drivers ect. But if I hit turn it on after a full shut down, I won't have this problem either. Very odd.

It is not saving your profile correctly when you do a restart. It is speeding up the process which is causing you the grief.

Makes sense. I guess there's no real way to fix it but it's not that big of a deal. Just annoying after I get done with updates that require restart.

Ok so just watched a movie and noticed that my 5.1 settings are a little messed up (rears putting out same sound as fronts). Shouldn't have been a big deal. So I open up my Creative Console, which usually has two buttons that say "Dolby Digital" and "DTS", where you can tweak the settings. These two buttons are no longer there, and they should be there according to the Help section (I remember messing with these long ago).

So I resorted to uninstalling my drivers, getting new ones, and getting the newest Creative software there is from their site. I was thinking that this may give me the options again. But when I try to open the Creative Volume Panel, it says "The current device is not supported. Would you like to select another?" Obviously, this is the only sound device that I have.

I just got done moving the X-Fi to another PCI slot. No change. Also, I just got done trying to make a new profile and copy all of my stuff over. In the directions regarding copying info from old to new profiles, it says:

Right-click My Computer, and select Properties.
Select the Advanced tab.
Click the Settings button in the User Profiles section.
Select the user account that was corrupted.
Click the Copy To button.
Click Browse button and then browse For Folder dialog box to locate the Documents and Settings folder and select the new account.

But when I select my old profile, the "Copy To" button is greyed out. Both old and new accounts are admin status. Not sure what to do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom