LCD Monitor for Console Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Ocelot

Beta member
I have a fairly crappy NEC SD TV that I have my PS2, GC and 360 hooked up to at the moment all through composite connections because it doesn't have anything else. I'm getting fed up with this and I want a change.
Instead of going all out on a new LCD TV I thought that I could get a monitor instead because it would be much cheaper. Seeing as I am still in school, though, I don't have heaps of money and am only will to spend around $300-350 on one (Aus).
So what would you recommend in the 22"-24" range for that price that is good for gaming? (especially the PS2)

I found a few cheap options, not sure if they are any good though.

Dell S2409W Full HD Monitor:
http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/prod...hs1&l=en&s=dhs

Chimei 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor CMV-228A:
Online Shopping @ DealsDirect.com.au - #1 Bargain & Discount Shopping

BenQ G2200W 22" LCD Monitor:

Fujitsu 22" LCD Monitor with DVI & Speakers:

Of course these are only examples, you don't have to choose out of these, unless one is good.
Your help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Chimei would be my choice as well.. All 3 of the Samsung 225BW monitors that I have are made with Chimei panels, and they're AWESOME.. :)

Chimei would be my choice as well.. All 3 of the Samsung 225BW monitors that I have are made with Chimei panels, and they're AWESOME.. :)

samsung's panels is not chimei's maybe it is the other way around. samsung and sony has the same panels they have their own factory which is YASU, most lcd tvs and monitors get their panels from YASU.

samsung's panels is not chimei's maybe it is the other way around. samsung and sony has the same panels they have their own factory which is YASU, most lcd tvs and monitors get their panels from YASU.

Nah, hes right, they use Chimei panels. Obviously samsung use other manufacturers for their cheaper stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom