Forced to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waphlez

Fully Optimized
I got a 4870 X2 and for some reason my mobo decided to crap out on me (not sure it's my fault or not, I wasn't using an anti-static wristband but made sure I was grounded and don't think I shocked anything).

So I went ahead and ordered these:

Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Should be much better than my current setup. I accidentally got the 965G version of my mobo instead of the 965P version about 1 3/4 years ago when I first got my E6600. It couldn't overclock for anything, (has a hard time even reaching a 400 Mhz overclock).

I hope to hit at least 3.6 GHz :) Needless to say I'm pretty much broke now.

OMG, I decided to try it again once more. AND IT'S ALIVE!

Canceled that order, I'm going to wait till better CPUs come out. So I'm going to be stuck at 2.8 GHz for a little while now. But at least I have some money in my pocket!

Phenom quads will hit 3.2G.. I've got mine set to 2.7 for now.. Gonna juice it up little by little. -Noting EXTRAVAGANT or extreme, but it suits my needs just fine.

Did you try a BIOS flash or CMOS reset?? Maybe it's something you changed?

I've built three computers so far w/ no wrist band.. Fine so far.. Just give it a mist of static guard before and after.. or every 20 minutes..

Don't even need to do that lol. I just touch the chassis every once in a while to make sure I ground myself out. And I'm even working on carpet...sometimes in a fleece sweatshirt :laughing:.

Every PC i have built has been on carpet with no anti-static wrist strap. The main thing is to make sure you ground yourself to the metal part of the case before you touch anything.

I have yet to get ASD (Anti-Static Discharge) on any part with the well over 100+ PC's i have built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom