Monitor Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgrknight

Solid State Member
hey there, I have an HP computer and im using a Dell monitor. I cant seem to get the monitor to work with my computer. I know the computer works and i know the monitor works i just cant get them to mix.

I was using a HDMI cable with my last monitor. but the dell one dosnt have a HDMI slot so im going back to an AVG cable correct me if thats wrong. When i do that i cant get anything to show up. Not sure if my graphic card dosnt support it but if not then why is it there.

any suggestions would be great

thanks !

If you went back to VGA (Not AVG that is a antivirus program) check the montior. It should have a digital or analog button. Or a button to auto detect what mode it is running in. Hit that.

HDMI is a digital signal. VGA is not. So the montior is still trying to run in digital while you are trying to have it work in analog. Hitting the auto detect button should force it to go back to analog and work properly.

theres only 3 buttons on the monitor. I dont think any of them are the auto direct button cause iv tryed hitting all 3. I know the monitor works because i can hook it up to my laptop. But your right with the signal thing. I just gotta figure out how to change it. I trying going to best buy and getting a VGA to HDMI adapter but they didnt sell it.

try going to bios and set your video mode to auto detect it is possible that it is still running on your external gfx card.im assuming this because i dont know there is an onboard hdmi output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom