First Time Build Critique Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
DDR3 is the way to go if your not interested in nehalem like me some good timmins are beginning to come out and are destroying the bests DDR2

DDR3 is the way to go if your not interested in nehalem like me some good timmins are beginning to come out and are destroying the bests DDR2

DDR3 clocked at 1,600mhz or higher is where the noticeable performance increase begins. Anything under that speed is not worth the money and don't show much if any performance boost over DDR2.

So you'll be forking over twice the dough for like minimal performance increase.

DDR3 clocked at 1,600mhz or higher is where the noticeable performance increase begins. Anything under that speed is not worth the money and don't show much if any performance boost over DDR2.

So you'll be forking over twice the dough for like minimal performance increase.

Agreed, its just not there yet. Unless you are building with the intent to go Nehalem in a month or two (I don't know why you would) then there is no practical reason to go DDr3.

Wow man that's a 975. I'm surprised they still carry it. I know a lot of OEMs will use things like that, but we like to be up to date.

EDIT:
why does it cost over $200?

Wow... $225 for a 975X Bad Axe 2? HECK NOOOOO!

The I45 owns it, and actually has support for 1333fsb CPU's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom