is this normal???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pike8

In Runtime
yesterday i bought some new components, here is the old and the new configuration:

MB Asrock DUALSATA sck.939 ---> MB Gigabyte P35-S3G
Athlon 64 3200+ ---> Intel Core2Duo E8500
2GB DDR400 Kingston ---> 2GB DDRII 800 OCZ Platinum
HDD Hitachi DeskStar 160GB SATAII ---> HDD Hitachi DeskStar 160GB SATAII
GeForce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 ---> GeForce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 (HD4850 soon)
PSU Sharkoon SHA450-8P 450W ---> PSU Sharkoon SHA450-8P 450W

to be honest, it's not as fast as i expected. being doubtful by nature, i started thinking; what if i got faulty parts, what if i screwed something, what if this, what if that... or was i just expecting too much?

a few examples:
- crysis loads much faster than before, but at all high except shaders and postprocessing that are on medium, i get around 12 FPS; all medium - 18-20 FPS;
- it takes windows to load same as before, if not a few seconds longer.

so, is there any program that i could run, it tests the components, i get the report, paste it here, and you tell me if everything works as it should?

From the looks of it, your hard drive is pretty slow and that is an old graphics card. Crysis is a very demanding game that taxes the GPU heavily, and yours isn't up to the task.

I suggest a Samsung 320GB HD as its only $55 dollars, and uses a 334GB platter so its extremely quick.

yes, i know that disk is slow.
i plan to get a new one after i buy ati 4850.
but can i be sure that my computer performance is normal, is there some test to run and that i post results here?

i say it was doing pretty good if you are getting 18-20 FPS in crysis with a 7600GT.

in warhead my q9450/4870 pulls about 30FPS with all high settings. the game is brutal on GPUs.

so, you say that all of these work normal?
however, i would like to be sure, is there some test which results would undoubtfuly prove that everything is fine?

i see, thanks for your replies.
i just ran wprime - 32M test, and it was finished in 26 seconds. is that good result for my CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom