Building a Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

vacheslav88

Beta member
Hello,

I have been on this forum reading up on what computer parts are good which to stay away from, and to tell you the truth it's overwhelmng... to many brands parts and too many diferences.

What I would like is a system for about 600 cdn. I found NCIX.com and it seems like a good website with good promotions, and overstock items. If any one has any good cdn website to purchase computer parts, those are welcomed, also if any one knows any good websites with coupons on them those would be greatl appriciated.

I'm looking for: CPU, Mobo, PSU, RAM, Video.
This system will be used as a home desktop for:

Gaming - don't care about high end graphics doesn't have to be all 100% sharp picture, as long as it doesnt freeze up and I can tell apart the characters. Some cs source, online rpgs, aoe

Some photoshop work - nothing major

Alot of MS Office work, running up to 10 windows open at once, Power, Word, Excell....

Movie watching - watching streamline movies, everyday :)

Being able to multi task with out freezing up, watch movie, running downloading in background, and surfing the web.

Want to try overclocking and using basic home made watercooling system.

Basically looking for parts which will eb stable and good to learn on.

Thank you

rkagin
Thank You for youre input, this seems like a very descent setup.
Do you think Intel is better than AMD? for my purposes
Also you think its worth doubling up on ram?

Hah, only now did I realize I copied the wrong link for the GPU. I have a 2600PRO because I just wanted dual monitors, and I don't really game (just do some photoshop for fun). You could go with a 2400, the x1950, or heavier with the 3650 or whatever models those are. Or, you could just jump in with the 8800 series stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom