Dual monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too me it was worth it. Its only worth it if your doing a lot of research or running multiple apps. Even reading and typing at the same time.

Otherwise it can be worth it depending on what you are doing. While doing HW it was great and i wish i had another monitor again. Even surfing the web looking at multiple things was nice.

While playing a game i had to disable my second monitor before I started otherwise I would have issues.

Other than that i really liked it.

If you have to multitask A LOT then it will make your job 1000000 times easier.

I run dual 24" at home and dual 20" here at work. Just waiting for my 24"s to come in at work. Its great when gaming, you can use the 2nd one for things like temp monitoring, ventrilo, web pages, etc. At work, i have so many windows open at any given time i just cant get by with 1 monitor.

My current setup uses 3 Samsung 225BW 22" Widescreen monitors with 1 Lilliput 7" Touchscreen.. While my rig is primarily for gaming, I do a LOT of artwork and music editing on my computer, and I have NO IDEA how I ever got along without the extra workspace that the monitors give me..

hel yes duel monitors aret he best thing ive ever done, i wana pick up a 22 or 24, nd have 3 two 19 on each side, ive got a huge desk so itl work. il just have to put my tower on the ground.

My current setup uses 3 Samsung 225BW 22" Widescreen monitors with 1 Lilliput 7" Touchscreen.. While my rig is primarily for gaming, I do a LOT of artwork and music editing on my computer, and I have NO IDEA how I ever got along without the extra workspace that the monitors give me..

man thats a pretty sweet setup lol

and i've never had a problem with running different refresh rates :/ if you arent using old *** screens you should be able to set the refresh rats the exact same. e.g. 59 or 60Hz

if you're using old CRT screens with a new lcd screen or something there might be problems :/

its handy to set up Ultramon too so you can extend the taskbar across em :)

I use duals too, 19" and 22". Main use is work, but for sim type games I'll put maps, and I use voice contol too, so I keep that open so I can verify commands.

Most games lock the mouse to the primary, and minimize if you alt tab to the other.

I couldnt work without it, and do love it.

man thats a pretty sweet setup lol

and i've never had a problem with running different refresh rates :/ if you arent using old *** screens you should be able to set the refresh rats the exact same. e.g. 59 or 60Hz

if you're using old CRT screens with a new lcd screen or something there might be problems :/

its handy to set up Ultramon too so you can extend the taskbar across em :)

prob is ultramon costs 40$ the control panel is good enough for me.

For gaming, you need something like the Matrox TripleHead2Go.. There is a FREE program in development that does work called SoftTH.. Do a google search and check it out.. I use it myself because I haven't picked up a TH2G yet.. :)

Having dual monitor is great it helps a lot with doing documents, i haven't try it with heavy games. How about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom