Overclocking Gfx card shortens life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat_Returns

Baseband Member
i heard overclocking graphics card will shorten the life of the whole pc. The pc will survive 4 to 5 years only apparantly. is this true? or does overclocking a graphic card only effect the life of the graphics card?

also, if i am trying to overclock my graphics card, should i get a new heat sink for my intel duo 2 8400? i was curious if the overclocking of the gfx will somehow effect the processor also

overclocking a graphics card will only affect the lifetime of the graphics card not the whole system

but one would assume if its being properly cooled you shouldnt really havea problem

overclocking a graphics card will only affect the lifetime of the graphics card not the whole system

but one would assume if its being properly cooled you shouldnt really havea problem

should he get a new heat sink for his cpu? i am in the same situation and i am curious about that

Just the GPU if you only oc that, but honestly you'll be ridding of it before it dies anyways, so even if it loses just one year that's not necessarily a bad thing is it?

3 years is a long time in the pc hardware world.

Also, if you get a card with a lifetime warranty (XFX, EVGA) the card will be replaced no matter how old it is....overclocking is included too.

3 years is a long time in the pc hardware world.

Also, if you get a card with a lifetime warranty (XFX, EVGA) the card will be replaced no matter how old it is....overclocking is included too.

i wana keep a gpufor liek 25 years and then call up evga or xfx and be like hey this thign doest work anymore, theyl be like well we cant test it so here have this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom