Microsoft Arc Mouse stopped scrolling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I dont know what happened to my mouse but the scrolling wheel doesn't work anymore. Anyone know what the problem is? I just had my mouse for the past 3 weeks and I didn't drop it or anything like that. it was just working last night and this morning when I woke up it doesn't work anymore.

All the other functions work fine. In fact, I can even click on the scroll wheel and it will still work. It just won't scroll up or down.

Try different batteries. My MS Wireless Optical Notebook Mouse acts weird if the battery is low. Also try re-syncing the mouse to the receiver if it has a button to do so.

Is there a way to find out whether this is software or hardware related?

I will let you know how the mouse works once the batteries have been changed. Btw I've only had the mouse for 3 weeks with brand new AAA batteries, how long do batteries usually last for a wireless mouse?

Have you installed the driver software for it? Check in your control panel under mouse. Maybe the scroll wheel settings were changed by accident.

Yes I installed the driver software for it.

Its just weird that out of nowhere it stops working. Even without the driver software, the mouse scroll wheel worked before as I plugged it in.

i changed my mouse's battery , uninstalled / reinstalled my mouse Intellipoint 6.3 driver and the scroll wheel still doesn't.

What are some other steps that I should try?

I tried my other mouse that is wired and the scroll wheel works on the computer.

Its only the wireless mouse that doesn't work...

Have you dis assembled the mouse and check the mouse wheel?

No I haven't disassembled the mouse and check the mouse wheel. I'm afraid that I might break my mouse or something if I do that.

Well without that there is nothing more we can suggest. Cause a reinstall fo the drivers and that didnt work. So it has to be a hardware issue with something blocking the scroll whell connector from registering that it has been moved.

Maybe tip it upside down and blow some canned air in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom