is this pathetic oc???

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use the Corecenter to safely test your overclocking limits. If you go too high, Windows will restart and your system will return to its "safe" settings. 220Mhz is pretty good. I can't even get that high. 215 is my max. 218, 3dmarks start giving me artifacts.

I think you have to have good quality hardware (good memory and system board) and your system board, memory and cpu needs to be kept very cool to get the best results.

lol.. i can't get to 220 . it gives me errors.

wait, then does that mean u can't overclock much either aggdaddy?

if u did, how much were u able to overclock?

Whoops my bad. I forgot to look at the system board that you are using. Corecenter, I think only works with MSI motherboards.

Perhaps Asus has a similar software for overclocking your processor through Windows?

geo3tech said:
lol.. i can't get to 220 . it gives me errors.

wait, then does that mean u can't overclock much either aggdaddy?

if u did, how much were u able to overclock?

215Mhz, as I stated in a previous post.

yeah I have an MSI KT6V motherboard and it comes with the corecenter that you talked about. I can sit here and just raise it to 140FSB real quick without any temperature change, but thats pretty worthless to do. I'm waitin to get my 2400+ XP-M and really crank that bad boy up =)

Put your CPU core voltage to 1.6V, your FSB speed to 210MHz, and your multiplier to 10.5, this will give you stable memory along with a higher core speed.

210 x 10.5 = ~2205MHz

Keep an eye on your temperature, AMD's have a higher threshold for temperature than Intel; you should be able to go to about 60C under load and still be stable.

Your memory should be 2.6V, but should run stable at 2.7V as it is good quality memory. This might also allow you to overclock your FSB higher.

the thing is, I can't really find my multiplyer modeifier. I looked through all the menus and the multiplayer was 9 and i couldn't touch it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom