Freeze with heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigm@tic

In Runtime
I stopped playing games because whenever my computer heats up it freezes, well I was watching a dvd on the comp and it froze mid way through the movie because I guess the temp was getting up due to the hot room. Anyway I had to force reboot it and then it wouldn't go past the motherboard splash screen before it even gets to bios screen on boot up.. I turned the comp off, came back 5 mins later and it did the exact thing.. I was thinking my motherboard is screwed so I turned it off again.. 10 minutes later come back and its booted normally, so no idea what is going on here. Any ideas?

Does sound like a heat issue. Make sure your CPU and GPU's heatsinks are on snug. Put the computer near an AC vent, take the side off, put a fan next to the computer. Download some temp. reading programs and see if your system components are within reasonable temp range. These are some of the steps you can do to test if heat is really an issue.

How do I make sure my heat sinks are on firm? I didn't think they could detatch.. I'm going to get a new case soon too with better ventilation, just not sure why the last few months this heat problem is happening when I've run the comp exactly the same for 2 years without any heat issues.
Thanks for the help, I'll have to make good use of the air con this summer.

I'll try some software for the temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom