Worst Computer problem ever faced (GPU related)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it gets by with what i want it to do, i see no reason to care about anything else..

its like running nitrous oxide in a car... or... taking steroids....

if it gets by with what i want it to do, i see no reason to care about anything else..

its like running nitrous oxide in a car... or... taking steroids....

Eh I respectfully disagree and don't think thats an appropriate comparison at all. The purpose of torture tests is to see if your computer is TRULY stable, not just observationally stable. I mean heck theres so much going on in the background with computers, just cause it can run a high performance game for 6 hours without your EYES noticing any problems doesn't really say as much as you think stability wise, and say your computer crashes, is it the softwares fault or the hardwares? you'll never know on the hardware end without stability testing.

Nitrous oxide and steriods are performance enhancers that can lead to significant self damage and offer no stability tests at all. I don't think they compare in the slightest

i fully understand what your saying.. and i fully understand there may be artifacts in the game that the human eye can not see...

i'ev been running high end pc's for 2 years.. never really had any problems with my ways.... so i don't intend to change it :p

usually a good ol' prime for 8 hours is enough

i fully understand what your saying.. and i fully understand there may be artifacts in the game that the human eye can not see...

i'ev been running high end pc's for 2 years.. never really had any problems with my ways.... so i don't intend to change it :p

usually a good ol' prime for 8 hours is enough

sorry to dig this old thread from the grave but it sorta related to the problems I have even more so now ( the Card Age = more artifact thread ), NosBoost do you still have that 8800 gtx? Can you possibly try running 10 minutes of ATI tool artifct test with the new nvidia 178.13 drivers and tell me how it goes? ( assuming you have these ) I ask this from you because your 8800 gtx was overclocked very low like mine ( in comparison to all the crazy OCed numbers I hear from peoples 8800 gtx's in the past ), did you set it like this specifically or was this all that it could handle? I'm suspicious of ATI tool since mine gets artifacts within the first 5 seconds at stock settings, but in games I can't tell if I'm seeing things or not ( like in Crysis sometimes I thought I saw squares for a split second on the trees and sometimes I thought it was in my head...ahhhhh! ) Either way I plan to RMA my card like I stated in the other thread, I just want to learn more about GPU failure and maintence before I just send it off for another hopefully better conditioned one.

sorry my 8800gtx is gone... but my good friend has one of the ones i used to own.. i'll contact him today and tell him to give that ago

I would test it for you but for some reason ATItool won't run the 3D view on my computer. I don't know what it is. I even recently reformatted my HD and I still can't get it to work. It says the 8800GTX is not being used by windows. If you can help me fix this problem, I would be happy to do some testing for you.

i have that same problem. it says it isint being used by windows. i've tried everything. i think it's the new drivers

I've had this same problem for multiple driver versions. It stopped working not too long after I built this rig so I've been through many drivers and none have worked

I've had this same problem for multiple driver versions. It stopped working not too long after I built this rig so I've been through many drivers and none have worked

What ATI Tool version do you have? I have the .26 one and you can't overclock at all with it if you have the new 178.13 drivers (unconfirmed), so maybe try to reset your 8800 gtx back to stock settings and reinstall ATI tool and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom