laptop problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

b14ckd34th

Solid State Member
i am working on a dell latitude cpi..it has xp installed a clean install.its hooked up to a dynex wireless router.it is all installed correctly.first problem is internet explorer,when clicked it just flashes a window then closes.i show to have connectivity to the network.when i try opening mozilla it just goes to error page.i have no firewall running or antivirus.i will as soon as i can get it connected.what am i missing.im using same connection to connect my desktop and it works fine.please help

Make sure your WiFi card is connected. As a test, you should plug the laptop in via the Ethernet port and see if it works (that way you'll know if it's a wireless problem or not). Update to the latest IE and Firefox releases to see if that helps. Test LAN connectivity or try other Internet programs (AIM, e-mail, etc) to see if they get a connection.

no ethernet card to plug into.acts as if i have connectivity until i click on mozilla then i get page error??

make sure all the proper drivers are installed , it looks like your ethernet card driver is not installed.

again there is no ethernet card..its using a usb wireless dongle..dynex wireless g router.it shows to have connectivity until i click on firefox..cant use explorer for some reason.when explorer is clicked it flashes open then closes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom