*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

Only 12k at 3.8ghz???

Im at 3ghz and get 10k....i would have thought you would get at least 14k.

even then my 8800gts is 18 points shy of 16k exacly. i am on a quad, btu ive seen 4ghz plus duels boost a score liek you wouldnt beleive. also im only @ 3.6 so yea your cpu at that speed is botlenecking also ati is beter in 3dmarks 06, with a good cpu oc i expect high 16s low 17's also you might wana increase your gpu oc. because its not just my cpu score that is teh cause of this, look @ my sm2.0 and hdr/sm3.0
scykjc.jpg
so try to get to 4.5 sounds resonable and you should get teh score you deserve. on a siden note zmatt your desktop makes me feel a litle more normal knowing im not the only messy one, i rearange them to but everytime i boot up there moved i dont get it.

I'm always installing and uninstalling so things get messed up pretty quick. heh. I have a very long day ahead of me. But when I get back tonight I am going to go for 4ghz and see how that works out.

yes, 3dmark unfortunately is mostly cpu dependent. You can get by w/ mediocre cards and a nice cpu. Imagine a 3870x2 and a q9650. I bet that would take first no probs.

Synergy what clocks are you running w/ that processor?
I ran 4.2 for the bench that got 21.5, but I didn't really push it any. I'm sure I can get this thing to 4.5 easy. Right now I'm just running it stock until I find some more time to play around. I also need to find some good RAM. This stuff is okay if I only want to run 2gb, but if I put 4 in then I limit my OC.

i also think its alot to do with the drivers.
Can't remember exactly wat drivers i was using but they were some great ones to get a high score!

Back
Top Bottom