Gtx 350

Status
Not open for further replies.
yoru still avoiding the fact that peopel saying sli doesnt scale are wrong, and i like my 750iftw its amazing, i love it more then my maximus formula x38.

i never commented or intended to disagree with you on the matter. it was more of the older g90's that didn't scale well. i had a 680i a while ago and i had problems after problems with it, eventually i sold it off and now my friend who i sold it too had to rma it because its just gettin stupid post codes that are not even in the manual. not to mention how bad the screeching noise from the r50 sinks (also happens with 780i) or the worst vdroop ive ever seen added to my expierence with the board.

They draw less power each than the 4870, and look at the power draw for the system
with the single 4870X2:
AnandTech: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216: Competition for the 4870

i dont understand, thats for one gtx core 216 vs a 4870x2, so the sli will be drawing double the power of having one core 216.

i dont understand, thats for one gtx core 216 vs a 4870x2, so the sli will be drawing double the power of having one core 216.

No, its for the entire system plus one core 216....not the card itself.

The power draw for a single card is about 182watts:

Video Card Comparison - GPUReview.com

So added together, power draw comes out to about 456watts, only 4 watts more on load than the 4870X2.

ahh that makes more sense. i stand corrected 4 watts is nothing. but u cant say they dont produce more heat, by this i mean ambient temp, sli fills up more room of which both cards radiate heat.

The stock cooler is good though, as it pushes the heat out the case. Each card has it own cooler, instead of one large cooler pushing out the heat of the 4870X2...and that sucker gets hot.

I have two dual slot 8800GT's and all the heat gets pushed out with the fan speed turned up to 60%. And apparently the GTX class coolers are a bit quieter than the 8800GTS 512 cooler, so it can be run at higher speeds.

those stock cooler dont work all well, with my 8800gtx hardly any air was pushed out the back. i guess if you raise the fan speed it could make a difference,i really get annoyed by loud fans, my xfx 8800gs fan annoyed the **** outta me.

Nah bro the 8800GTS 512 cooler is good, and its silent at 50% fan speed.

Thats the cooler i have on my 8800GT's, well the AKIMBO.

EVGA | Products

They run cool too, the older one is 67C on load, cause i gotta blow the dust out and the new one i got runs 58C on load...both oc'd.

The GTX cooler is even better, temps wont be as low because the card runs hotter but its
still a very good stock cooler.

if u turn the 4870 fan up to like 30% it runs even less than 67c. the cooler seems to be good wen its modded slightly. im sure the 4870x2 fan would be similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom