what to buy??9800gtx or 4870??

Status
Not open for further replies.
i swear people are all tards... people talk liek the gtx260 is complete garbage... when its not.... its on par with a 4870... some games it looses by like 10 fps when its getting like 120 fps so who cares...

only with a 4870 you probably won't get the same crysis numbers

so the way i see it... why not get the card that will play eveything... including crysis... lol

It matters a lot in my book. That 10fps means you can crank up the graphics even higher. Run higher resolutions and be better equipped for newer games. When you have a faster card for the same or lower price there isn't any logical reason to sacrifice those 10 frames.

It matters a lot in my book. That 10fps means you can crank up the graphics even higher. Run higher resolutions and be better equipped for newer games. When you have a faster card for the same or lower price there isn't any logical reason to sacrifice those 10 frames.

who says the next set of games beign released arent all gonna be nvidia optemized??? btu yea the gtxcore 216 is faster then the hd4870. but priceier to.
i say go hd 4850 for your res. alltho in any case 30$ warrants a lfie tiem warranty good tech support, and great drivers.

lol name a game thats gonna challenge a gtx260 or 4870....there is no games out now... or even games that are coming out that are gonna stress these cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmatt

lol name a game thats gonna challenge a gtx260 or 4870....there is no games out now... or even games that are coming out that are gonna stress these cards

Crysis :p , other than that your right though

Nobody knows whats down the line. Like zmatt said, i don't see why you would get a card that loses by 10 frames on benchmarks to the 4870, just because "it looses by like 10 fps when its getting like 120 fps so who cares..."

Later down the line that 10fps might be the difference between playing on medium or low settings, it might even be the difference between keeping the card for another 6 months or buying a new one.

If the 260's where cheaper than the 4870, then i would see the point.

The GTX 260 is cheaper than the 4870, and the core 216 beats the 4870...and its
not that much more.

later down the line??

Gimme a break, none of us here keeps our cards that long.

Even an 8800GTX can still run games really really well.

later down the line??

I'm using a x1950gt. Unlike some people, I don't have money to blow on a computer every 3 months.

And when i said the 260 i meant to say the core 216.

The GTX 260 is cheaper than the 4870, and the core 216 beats the 4870...and its
not that much more.

later down the line??

I will be keeping this 8800gs for quite a while. I can't justify getting a new card when I can max out everything at 1440x900 excpet Crysis.

I don't see how a 10fps difference dosen't matter, If there was even a 1fps difference I would get the faster card. Also you have to take into account aa performance, since most people who buy a high end card will want to run it.

Nobody knows whats down the line. Like zmatt said, i don't see why you would get a card that loses by 10 frames on benchmarks to the 4870, just because "it looses by like 10 fps when its getting like 120 fps so who cares..."

Later down the line that 10fps might be the difference between playing on medium or low settings, it might even be the difference between keeping the card for another 6 months or buying a new one.

If the 260's where cheaper than the 4870, then i would see the point.

later down the line i will own a new card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom