I'm need help making a big decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdshiftdj

I feel funny...
I need help making a big decision

This whole upgrading thing is fun and all but I was thinking. I really need something that is powerful and portable. I'm not a big gamer at all. I mostly play console. Anywho I'm in a dilemma. I'm thinking if I should sell everything in my sig and pick up and laptop and kinda be done w/ this upgrading, selling, and trading jazz. What do you guys think? I'm sure I could pick up a decent laptop if I sold all my stuff in my sig

edit god **** it I hate not being able to edit my title. This forum needs that feature

i guess you could, and you could probably find a decent laptop, obviously nothing compared to your desktop rig there tho. thing is laptops cant really be overclocked and upgraded majorly so what u buy is what u get full stop. i myself am not a fan of laptops because i love the freedom of desktop computers. so powerful when u buy it yes, powerful a year later no.... unless u sell ur laptop and upgrade again, but then i guess youd be in the same situation, but then again if you dont game, why do you need a extremely powerful machine, an average system would do you.

good question why do I need a powerful machine? Sometimes you just get into the groove of things and start buying crap. Now I'm like wth am I doing. I'd be fine w/ a cheap quad like a Q8200,2GB ram,2600xt. I do like the fact that I can carry a laptop around everywhere. I guess thats really the selling point for me.

the thing is, if u need a laptop, u need a laptop theres nothing else you can do about it. i guess it comes down to what you think the advantages of having a portable computer would do for you.

Meh, I'll finish this build. I just need a mobo and then I'll figure out what I should do. Maybe I could pick up a laptop also.

+1 they sell really cheap on ebay refurbished to for like 800$ about. 8800 mobile goodness :D

that cheap??

snap i wish i had monies to spend....oh well.

I could game on it at night while my desktops just fold lol. Great
for a lan too, dont have to lug around keyboard, tower, ups, lcd and all that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom