Dual monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

[t..o..m]

I can't brain today
hi guys

How many people out there are using two or more monitors?

Is it worth the extra cost of another monitor to go dual?

Express your opinions

[t..o..m]

i dont own dual monitors, a fair bit of ppl do nowadays tho, i feel its more useful for application use and not for gaming, unless you have those dual monitors that have no plastic edging on the middle sides. besides from that it puts too much stree on ur cards for gaming use and atm only crossfire supports dual mon. (sli coming). but yeah for applicational use i guiess it would be ok, ive wanted to setup dual monitors for a while...

i used to use dualview with my 8500gt and it never had a prob. and i'm in vista ultimate. but now i dont have the desk space for it.

I often use dual monitors. My primary PC is a laptop, so often times I'll hook my 20" DVI HP w2007 monitor up to my 17" dv9700t laptop via an HDMI to DVI cable. Using this setup I get an amazing amount of desktop space. It really does improve usability quite a bit.

Before that, I had used my old 17" CRT and 15" CRT side-by-side on my desktop, and before that I used my TV as a secondary monitor.

However, sometimes I'll have my desktop on the main monitor and my laptop with its own screen, still just as useful but you can game while browsing/chatting (you can't do this on two monitors on one PC, the game will take up only one monitor but the mouse can't leave the game, so the other monitor can't be used for anything other than stuff that just displays information.

However, sometimes I'll have my desktop on the main monitor and my laptop with its own screen, still just as useful but you can game while browsing/chatting (you can't do this on two monitors on one PC, the game will take up only one monitor but the mouse can't leave the game, so the other monitor can't be used for anything other than stuff that just displays information.

Oh really? because the primary thing that I would of been using it for is gaming on one screen, with music library and firefox on the other. So the mouse can't move to second screen whilst gaming?

Been a year on dual here, wouldn't go backward. Getting quite usefull when I work, honnestly. Running own business here and lots of thing going on simultaneously so two screens helps with efficiency.

That is all.

When I game, the other one is turned off (or locked on a web page so I can read when maps loading :) )

I run dual. if i had room for 3 id run that XD no desk space though. Only game it's actually useful for is supreme commander, other then that it's basically just for app use. great for keeping music library or whatever up.

personally, its never worth it.
when i tired i had alot of problems between the monitors running at different refresh rates causing problems during games.

I run dual monitors one is my very nice Benq 24" 1900x1200 an the other is a 19" Hanns G. I use to use tri monitors (have one always with itunes open above my head, one I was using at the time and the other was for msn or films generally). Dual monitors are great for everything except gaming simply because you end up with an inch in the middle where the bezels meet having said that if you like flight sims then this won't be a problem with a cockpit view. If you like Rts then I watch a film at the same time with a muted game generally. Fps though its generally a hinderence then useful as it can distract, some games don't support dual monitors and can cause you to get the perfect shot lined up click and the game minimises as you have clicked on the other screen very annoying!!!

I use dual monitors all the time and it is extremely useful when web designing or programming. I couldn't imagine not have my 24" and 22" side-by-side. When gaming, like others, I turn the 24" off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom