Gtx 350

Status
Not open for further replies.
exept to allow it to be less hot to run 2 gpus in a one card solution.
yes ati is good, so is nvidia, ati finaly got there edge back after all this time, but the ammount of ati fanboys that have sprung on this forum now is disturbing they hold onto the fact that ati has to stay ontop, it doesnt matter if it does or doesnt. be reasonable this wouldnt be the first time ati had incredible specs on paper but once released was not as great as it was supose to be. the same can eb said for nvidia but history shows it there has never been a jump in generations of cards that has doubled or coem close to doubeling its performence level. the 8 series was close but even then was only about a 40% performence gain, that why it stayed ontop for so long. now who ever says they are nto a fanboy has to think about the fact that if they wherent they wouldnt be arguing with me about this topic so vigurously, when it could honestly go either way.

I wouldn't say allot of ati fanboys have sprung up its more that the nvidia fanboys and the people who only care about performance aren't necisarily on the same side anymore.

I am obviously not an ATI fanboy since I am typing this on a system running a Geforce 8800gs.

i wasnt even saying it was going to be better then teh x2 i said its going to be better then the 5870, its preaty obvious that the x2 will be better.

There is no proof that the GTX 350 will be faster than the 5870 and there is no historical precedent for a architectural change like r800 so you can't compare it to previous generations. It's possible that the GTX 350 will be faster but it is far from obvious at this point.

I wouldn't say allot of ati fanboys have sprung up its more that the nvidia fanboys and the people who only care about performance aren't necisarily on the same side anymore.

I am obviously not an ATI fanboy since I am typing this on a system running a Geforce 8800gs.

There is no proof that the GTX 350 will be faster than the 5870 and there is no historical precedent for a architectural change like r800 so you can't compare it to previous generations. It's possible that the GTX 350 will be faster but it is far from obvious at this point.

Its ironic how a lot of guys running ATI cards will defend it at all costs, but if one of us running an Nvidia system tries to defend Nvida...bam we get labeled fanboy.

Just saw a benchmark which shows the 4870X2 getting owned by not two GTX 280 in SLI, but two GTX 260 Core 216 in SLI.

If ATI is the absolute king if performance, well it just got trumped. And yes you can get those two cards for almost the same price as a 4870X2.

Guess the poor SLI scaling argument just got thrown out the window.

Modified paragraph:
There is no proof that the 5870 will be faster than the GTX 350 and there is no historical precedent for a architectural change like r800 so you can't compare it to previous generations. It's possible that the 5870 will be faster but it is far from obvious at this point.

So as i said before, neither of the cards are out so we cant say which is better.

end rant

Its ironic how a lot of guys running ATI cards will defend it at all costs, but if one of us running an Nvidia system tries to defend Nvida...bam we get labeled fanboy.

Just saw a benchmark which shows the 4870X2 getting owned by not two GTX 280 in SLI, but two GTX 260 Core 216 in SLI.

If ATI is the absolute king if performance, well it just got trumped. And yes you can get those two cards for almost the same price as a 4870X2.

Modified paragraph:
There is no proof that the 5870 will be faster than the GTX 350 and there is no historical precedent for a architectural change like r800 so you can't compare it to previous generations. It's possible that the 5870 will be faster but it is far from obvious at this point.

So as i said before, neither of the cards are out so we cant say which is better.

end rant

well said

thats true, it just seems everyone is trying to pump as much power into their cards as they can, without necessarily taking anywhere near full advantage of it, instead of releasing cards every couple of months they need to work harder on fully optimizing the power of the cards.

also rican, didnt u mean dual pcb like 7950gx2?

thats true, it just seems everyone is trying to pump as much power into their cards as they can, without necessarily taking anywhere near full advantage of it, instead of releasing cards every couple of months they need to work harder on fully optimizing the power of the cards.

also rican, didnt u mean dual pcb like 7950gx2?

the 9800gx2 is also duel pcb.

Modified paragraph:

end rant

Don't tell me, they were playing Crysis right? The inequities in that engine are well documented, and to use Crysis as a defense for Nvidia performance is a hollow argument. We all know Nvidia paid for the game to be optimized for their cards. That's how something like an 8800gts can beat a 4850. Even though we know that the 4850 is a faster card. When something like that happens, instead of saying "Ah ha! Nvidia is still the king!", we should say "That is odd, why does this card win in this game only? What is different about This game that makes this card perform better?"

I have owned many more Nvidia cards than ATI cards, mainly because at the time the Nvidia offerings were better. But this time when ATI is on top they get repeatedly attacked by the people who have for so long invested in Green. I don't know what your loyalty to them is based on but it doesn't make sense to me. It was easy for me, someone who has been Nvidia for the last 3 builds to go ATI. Maybe its because you have so much money tied up in it? That's about the only thing I can think of.

Don't tell me, they were playing Crysis right? The inequities in that engine are well documented, and to use Crysis as a defense for Nvidia performance is a hollow argument. We all know Nvidia paid for the game to be optimized for their cards. That's how something like an 8800gts can beat a 4850. Even though we know that the 4850 is a faster card. When something like that happens, instead of saying "Ah ha! Nvidia is still the king!", we should say "That is odd, why does this card win in this game only? What is different about This game that makes this card perform better?"

I have owned many more Nvidia cards than ATI cards, mainly because at the time the Nvidia offerings were better. But this time when ATI is on top they get repeatedly attacked by the people who have for so long invested in Green. I don't know what your loyalty to them is based on but it doesn't make sense to me. It was easy for me, someone who has been Nvidia for the last 3 builds to go ATI. Maybe its because you have so much money tied up in it? That's about the only thing I can think of.

not crysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom