best brand of 6800GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the grim gopher

Baseband Member
i want to get a 6800GT, but am kinda overwhelmed with all the brands out there, what is the best on the market in the price range of no more than $500?

eVGA is an awesome brand. I think most people would agree. Plus they put the same heatsink and fan on all the 6800 cards whereas some manufacturers will use a smaller heatsink and fan on the 128mb version of the 6800. With this it'll allow you to buy the lower card and overclock it although being that is rather expensive and gets hot as hell as it is I wouldn't care to overclock it. If you want to spend $500 then get the eVGA GeForce 6800 Ultra, but beware it takes two 4pin power connectors to the back of it, PLUS Nvidia recommends a 480w PSU so make sure you have a strong power supply.

I would agree with Nubius, eVGA makes awsome cards. You may also want to consider the one by BFGtech. It comes overclocked out of the box to 370mhz compared to the standard 350mhz. BFG makes good cards.

Yeah Circa makes a good point. I had forgotten about that even though I had just read an article on them. The BFG GeForce 6800OC nothing better than having an already insane card overclocked FOR you right out of the box eh? Heard good stuff about that, but still as far as I know, as stability goes, and card quality eVGA is awesome. I don't know much about BFG so I won't lay down an opinion on them. I've heard good things though especially about the OC line

I would always go with MSI whenever i bought nvidia cards.. but you can always look for benchmarks on the card w/companies and whatnot, it'll show if any of them performed any better

I pegged a eVGA 6800...*grins* 'cause of the mermaid on the heatsink...

ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT!...So I think all hardware should have a chick on it...Sue me...

I agree with shoobie, mermaids are hot.....I've had bad luck with ASUS boards and their technical support was a joke. Horribly written 'ENGRISH' from taiwan 'tech support' but yeah I like MSI boards personally, but still I think I'm gonna go with an eVGA card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom