Gtx 350

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poizen has a point, and so do you zmatt.

And yes the current GTX 280 is a big chip, but its 65nm.

The GTX 350 is going down to 55nm....heat and power should drop.

And we dont know if it will be one pcb, it may be dual pcb's like the 9800GX2.

Still there is absolutely no proof that the GTX 350 will be faster. R800 will be 40nm so it's not like nvidia has an advantage by going to 55nm.

exept to allow it to be less hot to run 2 gpus in a one card solution.
yes ati is good, so is nvidia, ati finaly got there edge back after all this time, but the ammount of ati fanboys that have sprung on this forum now is disturbing they hold onto the fact that ati has to stay ontop, it doesnt matter if it does or doesnt. be reasonable this wouldnt be the first time ati had incredible specs on paper but once released was not as great as it was supose to be. the same can eb said for nvidia but history shows it there has never been a jump in generations of cards that has doubled or coem close to doubeling its performence level. the 8 series was close but even then was only about a 40% performence gain, that why it stayed ontop for so long. now who ever says they are nto a fanboy has to think about the fact that if they wherent they wouldnt be arguing with me about this topic so vigurously, when it could honestly go either way.

With all the drivers enhancements Nvidia is doing, i dunno we have to wait and see but it looks like they may dominate again.

I agree with puddle. I doubt that Nvidia's die shrink will be enough to drastically lower the heat generated by 2 gpus and double the ram. Also, ATIs R800 is an unprecedented move so Poizen I don't think you can make such a claim on it performance. I think its obvious that the GTX350 will be the best at first, but when the 5870 comes out, the newer, better, more efficient architecture will win.

I can tell by your speech that you are basing this on a want for Nvidia to win. Not on a likely hood.

The way i see it, is neither of the cards are out so no, we cant say which is better.

But zmatt, you cant say the 5870X2 will be better....you have a clear bias towards ATI.

Just like me and poizen cant say the GTX 350 will be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom